a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member \ Introduction

Hex

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Hello everyone!
I am new here and I hope to gain knowledge so I can pass the selection...and discuss other topics
Some quick facts about me:
I am almost 18 ( just started 11th grade) from Romania and I decided I want to join the Legion when I finish high school in about 1 year and a half(I know I am still young but I have given it a lot of thought)
I am very good at push ups but not so much at pull ups ( but I started training every day and I already see results).I didn't officially try to do the Luc Leger test but this summer I was running 4 Km (sometimes 6) almost every day.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Looking forward to talking to you

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Welcome mate. Have a good search etc if your looking for certain information. It will almost certainly be on the board. Anyway keep up the training and good luck.

Www.foreignlegion.info

Is also a very good source of information and up to date news on the legion👍🏿.

Hex

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Welcome mate. Have a good search etc if your looking for certain information. It will almost certainly be on the board. Anyway keep up the training and good luck.

Www.foreignlegion.info

Is also a very good source of information and up to date news on the legion👍🏿.
Thank you.I have already looked at many threads on this forum and websites, and youtube videos, etc

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Welcome mate! Greens are Anciens or currently serving Legionnaires, Reds are Moderators and blues are waffling wannabes, except for a few veterans of the Royal Marines, Brit Army, USMC to name a few that share an interest in the FFL! Search is your best friend and please for the love of all that is holy do not ask about eyesight or teetho_O...there must be 100s of threads on those 2 topics all discussed in detail!

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Welcome mate! Greens are Anciens or currently serving Legionnaires, Reds are Moderators and blues are waffling wannabes, except for a few veterans of the Royal Marines, Brit Army, USMC to name a few that share an interest in the FFL! Search is your best friend and please for the love of all that is holy do not ask about eyesight or teetho_O...there must be 100s of threads on those 2 topics all discussed in detail!

Plus the bit on foreignlegion.info that goes into great detail haha. Haul and we aint all waffling wannabes😂😂👊🏻

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Hex and welcome to the forum. I see you'll be 19 when you join, that's a reasonable age. Also you will be joining in winter which by all accounts is the best time to join as a lot of people from hot countries try to avoid it. If you can, try and get yourself a part time job, laboring on a building site etc. to get a bit of real world experience. Just going to school for the first 19 years of your life will mean that the legion will come as a big shock.

That said, you will not be the only one. Good luck and train hard.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Reading between the lines acceptance is based on fitness and attitude (ie dont have one) , get those right and you stand every chance of being accepted.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Tex,

Welcome to the forum. Take note of the Greens and enjoy this friendly forum.;)

Hex

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
I also get annoyed by dead brained people that can't search by themselves.Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome :)

Hex

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Hi Hex and welcome to the forum. I see you'll be 19 when you join, that's a reasonable age. Also you will be joining in winter which by all accounts is the best time to join as a lot of people from hot countries try to avoid it. If you can, try and get yourself a part time job, laboring on a building site etc. to get a bit of real world experience. Just going to school for the first 19 years of your life will mean that the legion will come as a big shock.

Thank you, but I will wait to finish high school first then I will go to the Legion, which means I will probably go in the summer right after the national exam.I don't think I will wait until winter as I would feel like a coward going there just because there are fewer people.

Hex

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania

Also, I think I will take your advice and get a job next summer

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, but I will wait to finish high school first then I will go to the Legion, which means I will probably go in the summer right after the national exam.I don't think I will wait until winter as I would feel like a coward going there just because there are fewer people.
Hi Hex, You would not be a coward no outcome can really be predicted or planned all you can do is prepare yourself mentally and physically to up your chances along with learning some French it’s not cowards that get turned away it’s just you don’t fit the brief or for some other reasons that you may never know!

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I joined in the winter of 77. The lads i trained with and I relished the shitier weather! the Mediterranean types? Not so much! Most of them were weeded out / deserted after the first few weeks. Cowards? I think not! the lads who finished instruction with with me some also saw action before their time with the legion was over!

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
I remember one day it snowed here some years ago, I swear every kid in the neighbourhood played in the ice until it melted and refused to go back home. There was blabbing all over TV too and newspaper all for some ice, it wasn't even my district it was another one. The only places where I Have seen snow were Hollywood movies actually. But I'll have to go to Paris in winter because after doing my eye surgery and waiting one year it will have been December 2019. It's pretty cool to try some new hardcore weather "I think".

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I remember one day it snowed here some years ago, I swear every kid in the neighbourhood played in the ice until it melted and refused to go back home. There was blabbing all over TV too and newspaper all for some ice, it wasn't even my district it was another one. The only places where I Have seen snow were Hollywood movies actually. But I'll have to go to Paris in winter because after doing my eye surgery and waiting one year it will have been December 2019. It's pretty cool to try some new hardcore weather "I think".
Actually that is one of the legion strong points; it's ability to adapt to various weather conditions. The 13 DBLE was sent to France in 1940 from Algeria, from there they were redeployed to Norway while it was still covered in snow.
The same as our Scandinavian friends who find themselves in Africa during December today.