New member here

Home Country
Romania
What's up guys? I've been reading this forum for something like 1 year now and decided to create an account. I'm an teenager, 17 year-old, from Romania. I'm still in highschool, starting the penultimate year of highschool. I'm very decided to join Legion next year in September.
Next summer on 20.08 I'll turn 18 and after getting my 18yrs old ID and the passport I'm running. I'm very happy now that I can post on the forum. I'm training for LE for something about 9 months, I can run 10km without problems , currently doing 40 push-ups in a row, but I'm bad at pull-ups , something like 5 in a row. When I heard about LE I could not do 1 push-up , I think that I advanced. I'm perfectly healthy , the only problem is an missing tooth. I'm practicing Air-Soft for a while , good at sniper :). I'm glad that I got the opportunity to take part to a forum like this.

SnafuSmite

Ratings
254 2
Home Country
South Africa
Welcome to the forum mate, your fitness sounds like you on a good path, practice the Luc-Léger and Cooper tests and see if you can throw a few more pull ups in there. Pay attention to the greens and reds they've all served in the Legion or French military.

Home Country
Romania
Thanks man, yes I'm going to practice some Luc-Léger and Cooper tests, thanks for advice. I'm trying my best with the pull-ups, but these days are a little bit harder for me. I will pay attention to the ex-le or French military.

Nickfury

Top Member
Ratings
63 1
Home Country
San Marino
Try the GTG/Grease the Groove technique for pull ups. I was able to go from about 5 pullups to 15 in just a couple months with that technique. There were posts on here and there are tons of articles on the net plus youtube videos. Good luck.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
795 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Fasole, all that sounds good. As Nick says you have to concentrate on the running and especially the pull ups. Doing 5 with a year to train up for it is a good start.

Home Country
Romania
These days , more than some push-ups and few pull-ups , I'm having some problems to solve. After that , I will try the GTG technique , thanks Nick.
Yes Joseph , but in about 2 weeks highschool starts. It's hard to work , train , go to school. But i think that If listen to You guys , it will Be easier. Thanks Joseph.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Ratings
99 2
Home Country
Canada
What's up guys? I've been reading this forum for something like 1 year now and decided to create an account. I'm an teenager, 17 year-old, from Romania. I'm still in highschool, starting the penultimate year of highschool. I'm very decided to join Legion next year in September.
Next summer on 20.08 I'll turn 18 and after getting my 18yrs old ID and the passport I'm running. I'm very happy now that I can post on the forum. I'm training for LE for something about 9 months, I can run 10km without problems , currently doing 40 push-ups in a row, but I'm bad at pull-ups , something like 5 in a row. When I heard about LE I could not do 1 push-up , I think that I advanced. I'm perfectly healthy , the only problem is an missing tooth. I'm practicing Air-Soft for a while , good at sniper :). I'm glad that I got the opportunity to take part to a forum like this.
Missing one tooth is not a problem. Make sure you do not have any cavities.

Auroris56

Pro Member
Home Country
United States
Dont underestimate the luc-léger, and definitely work on those pull-up. Im stuck here in aubagne because all I did was longer straighter runs and not shorter sprints with continually turning yourself around. and learning the proper pace to run during the test is essential. Its kind of up to you on how hard you want to make the test be. I started out faster now knowing how many laps I had to run and then slowed down to try to make it farther and just ended up screwing myself. :cool::cool::cool:

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Ratings
54 3 1
Home Country
United States
Teeth are not a problem. I know guys missing half of them...The Luc Leger is not hard, Make 7 levels and no worries. It isn't super fast so don't worry. If you can do 6 or more pulls no issues, either. Don't listen to these guys who dish out there advice and haven't successfully made it in. I have seen and personally know guys who got in doing only 5 levels of the Leger. At the end of the day, IT IS YOUR PROFILE, NOT YOUR ABILITY...IN 1RE....I STRESS THAT.........PROFILE.

Home Country
Romania
Dont underestimate the luc-léger, and definitely work on those pull-up. Im stuck here in aubagne because all I did was longer straighter runs and not shorter sprints with continually turning yourself around. and learning the proper pace to run during the test is essential. Its kind of up to you on how hard you want to make the test be. I started out faster now knowing how many laps I had to run and then slowed down to try to make it farther and just ended up screwing myself. :cool::cool::cool:
In a few days i will start improving my pull-ups number , thanks.

Home Country
Romania
Teeth are not a problem. I know guys missing half of them...The Luc Leger is not hard, Make 7 levels and no worries. It isn't super fast so don't worry. If you can do 6 or more pulls no issues, either. Don't listen to these guys who dish out there advice and haven't successfully made it in. I have seen and personally know guys who got in doing only 5 levels of the Leger. At the end of the day, IT IS YOUR PROFILE, NOT YOUR ABILITY...IN 1RE....I STRESS THAT.........PROFILE.
You mean that if you were having my ability at 1RE you'd be stressed ?

SnafuSmite

Ratings
254 2
Home Country
South Africa
You mean that if you were having my ability at 1RE you'd be stressed ?
No he's emphasizing that they look at your whole profile, not just the physical aspects. You could be an Olympic athlete but a complete asshole, which is not what they want.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
795 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
For those wanting to join take note. If Auroris56 is signing off with three smiling yellow faces wearing sunglasses; it's serious. You need stamina yes, but you have to get through the basic entrance tests which Luc and the pull up bar.

DCLXVI also says it's about your profile. I agree, they have to be able to say, this is the type of guy we are looking for. He'll make up for the lack of physical during basic.
At the same time, it may depend on the person who is interviewing you. You have to win him over and I'm sure that your physical results are there in front of him.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Ratings
54 3 1
Home Country
United States
Joe c,

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. For the other guy wondering, I ve seen dudes that I swear should be in the Olympics, and got rejected. I have seen dudes who were good at something and sucked at everything else, get in on that, ALONE. Do not worry, be a normal guy, and all should be fine. They will make what they want of you anyway, so you don't have a choice..Believe that, they will.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Ratings
99 2
Home Country
Canada
In the Legion there are no hard or fast rules.
They can change on the whim of an interviewer, the person who does the physical test or world circumstances.
In my time you had the chance to be nearly accepted with a peg-leg.
For example, our only Englishman in our training company was around 32 years old and severely overweight.
He turned out to be a trim and slim guy after instruction.

Most viewed threads of the week