a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New meber

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Finherkko83,

Welcome to the forum. Get as much info from the posts in Green
You will find it hard when you apply and your age may be against you.
Remember you will be at the bottom of the food chain and will have
to take orders from much younger men. (NCOs').

Good luck.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Hi Finherkko83, welcome to the forum. It seems we are many men in their 30s wanting to join :) I was told by somebody that left recently the Legion that during his basic in Castel there was a 38 year old man that ended up in the final top 10. Bonne chance!

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi Finherkko83, welcome to the forum. It seems we are many men in their 30s wanting to join :) I was told by somebody that left recently the Legion that during his basic in Castel there was a 38 year old man that ended up in the final top 10. Bonne chance!
Age is only a number if you have looked after your body like a racing engine you will be surprised the level of fitness that can be retained,( I’m a sort of enigma as I abused it for 30 years then started taking care of it) the vets races in my eyes are more competitive, some handy older guys that are Into sparing and boxing only problem you need to do it over 3 rounds in my view as that’s 9 min of high intensity, also have a lucky charm! Mine is a horse shoe it fits well in a 10oz glove😜

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Age is only a number if you have looked after your body like a racing engine you will be surprised the level of fitness that can be retained,( I’m a sort of enigma as I abused it for 30 years then started taking care of it) the vets races in my eyes are more competitive, some handy older guys that are Into sparing and boxing only problem you need to do it over 3 rounds in my view as that’s 9 min of high intensity, also have a lucky charm! Mine is a horse shoe it fits well in a 10oz glove😜

100% truth here Papillon!

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
100% truth here Papillon!
Boxing for Ballerinas ?

I've just got to see that film Hahahaha :)

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Boxing for Ballerinas ?

I've just got to see that film Hahahaha :)

Hahaha well I am a decent light heavyweight, and I am also a south paw so can be a bit of a nasty client. My punches might not be devastating but I go into the distance! Have been ages since I sparred last time though. That's something I'd be happy to pick up again if I get in the Legion.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hahaha well I am a decent light heavyweight, and I am also a south paw so can be a bit of a nasty client. My punches might not be devastating but I go into the distance! Have been ages since I sparred last time though. That's something I'd be happy to pick up again if I get in the Legion.
Well you've certainly got the right attitude:)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi finherkko83 and welcome to the forum, a little going away present for you:

You can now printout directly the check list:

https://classroom.google.com/u/0/w/MjUyNjA4NzQwMTcx/tc/MzgzNDQyODUzMTA2

I have created a checklist for those who have decided to join the French foreign legion. You have worked damn hard to get this far. Now the question is, have you overlooked anything ?
The idea is that you pick up the list and tick off what you need.
The video is 15 minutes long because it is more than just a list. There has to be some explanations and references to other videos.

I'm now going to get a second cup of coffee and read my emails and then the news.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thought I would give you a glimpse of part of my ring walk😜

Attachments

• EBDE8C7E-D6C6-4949-9BB7-AD903C87468F.jpeg
    EBDE8C7E-D6C6-4949-9BB7-AD903C87468F.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 0

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well you've certainly got the right attitude:)
I was quite a decent any weight bring it on type of guy in my jointer days, but big difference from the street to Queensbury Rules, but I managed to refrain from the head boot or teeth in the ring bar once!👏
We used to spar and play about the CRAP had a ring and weights and just basic general stuff when I was not causing self destruct I would go and hang out with two sound guys that just lived for sport and fitness really impressive times on the assault course good times it weren’t all bad😀 and also the bad 💩was self inflicted as said before please don’t use me an example Joe and others are what the legion was about I was a ass hole!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
Hi finherkko83 and welcome to the forum, a little going away present for you:

You can now printout directly the check list:

https://classroom.google.com/u/0/w/MjUyNjA4NzQwMTcx/tc/MzgzNDQyODUzMTA2

I have created a checklist for those who have decided to join the French foreign legion. You have worked damn hard to get this far. Now the question is, have you overlooked anything ?
The idea is that you pick up the list and tick off what you need.
The video is 15 minutes long because it is more than just a list. There has to be some explanations and references to other videos.

I'm now going to get a second cup of coffee and read my emails and then the news.

Im chek that List. Thx.👌👌💪💪

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
Im a bitt exited. I have one week to get my sh$t straight🤣. But on Happy that im going in. Im Been thinking this alott and now im sure that legion IS My blace to be

Last edited by a moderator: