New Look Forum Janvier 2018

Rapace

Ratings
288 2 1
Home Country
France
Thanks Boss for the improvements. Two things :
1. The button "Like" gives access to a series of emticons, but I couldn't see the categories positive/negative/neutral you're talking about. Or maybe I misunderstood something.
2. Just a little glitch... The buttons "Reply" and "Like" are slightly misaligned... I know, I'm fussy... :)

Ratings
96 1 1
Home Country
France
Thanks Boss for the improvements. Two things :
1. The button "Like" gives access to a series of emticons, but I couldn't see the categories positive/negative/neutral you're talking about. Or maybe I misunderstood something.
2. Just a little glitch... The buttons "Reply" and "Like" are slightly misaligned... I know, I'm fussy... :)
There’s no cat displayed...so that’s why you have to guess
Here is a clue...

For reply and like...Ok fixed..one above the other...

Attachments

Rapace

Ratings
288 2 1
Home Country
France
Ah... Now I understand the pun petit / Little... For those who don't know, French Army dog tag. To be cut in the middle if/when the owner is killed (one half remains with the body, the other one sent to relevant autorité). The number one sees is the regulatory French Army matricule (not the 6-digit one specific to the Legion that is used for other purposes). 83 means soldier Andrew Little was born in 1963 (or declared born in 1963 it he was a legionnaire serving sous anonymat). In the French system, it's called la classe d'âge, the class number being the year when one reaches the age of 20 (when there was conscription, normally people were called for the mandatory military service when they reached 20, so in 1980 one said la classe 80 est appelée (class 80 is called on) meaning all French male citizens born in 1960.
The old expression “on est de la classe” meaning we have the same age (we belong to the same class) is derived from that system.

Ratings
781 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
Ah... Now I understand the pun petit / Little... For those who don't know, French Army dog tag. To be cut in the middle in the soldier is killed (one half remains with the body, the other one sent to relevant autorité). The number one sees is the regulatory French Army matricule (not the 6-digit one specific to the Legion that is used for other purposes). 83 means soldier Andrew Little was born in 1963 (or declared born in 1963 it he was a legionnaire serving sous anonymat). In the French system, it's called la classe d'âge, the class number being the year when one reaches the age of 20 (when there was conscription, normally people were called for the mandatory military service when they reached 20, so in 1980 one said la classe 80 est appelée (class 80 is called on) meaning all French male citizens born in 1960.
The old expression “on est de la classe” meaning we have the same age (we belong to the same class) is derived from that system.
My rank was caporal and did you notice the 5.5.,my birth date (the date we died )

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
275 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Ah... Now I understand the pun petit / Little... For those who don't know, French Army dog tag. To be cut in the middle if/when the owner is killed (one half remains with the body, the other one sent to relevant autorité). (...)
I wanted to ask that question, but you already answered mon Patrick. Thanks! Somehow I already knew the answer just wanted to confirm (man... I'm smart :)).

And thanks a lot to my friend Le petit caporal for sharing that plate with us. Now I understand from where your nickname on the forum is coming from. Anyway, how tall are you? It would be really funny if you were above 1.90 m. :). (6.2 feet for lazy ass Americans and Englishmen).

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
275 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Special emoticon, just for you Dusaboss... :D

What does that sign mean? Is that some version of thumb up in French nonverbal communication? Definitely some sign of agreement, I can easily see that.. :) :D

Don't think so, mine doesn't smell of goat.
No goats around me mate :( . Couple cows, but that could really be tricky. Not that I tried... I'm just assuming. You would need some chair... etc. ;) :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
275 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Why I can't edit post? Boss said it would be half hour. Now its like 5 min or something.
C'mon, you have to realize that on this forum lot of guys or not so good in English. And lot o them using (me to, for spell checking ) "google translate".
Five minute is far too short for someone to correct spelling mistakes or to rearrange sentence so it will sound logically to reader!

This is really big issue and if my word have some influence on this forum ... Boss please change that to at least half hour (are full 1 h)

I agree that one should not have possibility for changing content of messages much later because of dirty tricks one would be able to use, but this now is really, really too short!

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom