New Foreign Legion official Facebook page

Rapace

Ratings
288 2 1
Home Country
France
The Foreign Legion (in French, for those who don't know, la Légion étrangère) has recently opened their official Facebook page. If you're interested it's --> Here.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
664 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
I wonder who has nothing better to do in the Legion than reply to Facebook messagers will be appointed with the task. A job second only to coiffeur régimentaire.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Ratings
Home Country
Canada
Probably an injured or disabled from doing other duty legionnaire?
Do you think I could apply ? I know nothing to “coiffeur régimentaireâ€￾ except how to give (and receive) a “boule à zéroâ€￾ and I am injured !
BTW, what is Facebook ? :D

jwaltos

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Canada
My guess it's one of the duties while “en tauleâ€￾. I'm sure some banana will want an identity change after going the facebook route and then either get refused or get found out (worst case). Either utilize Tor, a good anonymizer and other ‘tools’ or go old school and apply and make your inquiries in person. 'Tis a different world these days relative to those days.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
275 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Man jwaltos! I just saw your album. With what they fed you in 80s? Testosterone? You have there not 6 pack, 12 pack! You got visible some muscles that I didn't know man has on his body ! And look at you now (avatar) :)

I mean, joke aside, you really look great on that picture. I'm not weird, but have to give you respect for body like that. Did you trained beside standard legion training?

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Canada
Thank you but these days I'm carrying at least a 48 pack.
Back then I did extra workouts in the evening at every regiment that had a weight training area. I also swam and/or jogged on my own when time allowed. I also studied and read books that could be useful:learned other languages using French as my base (I used English as little as possible), technical books on weaponry, communications, medical texts, all of the sous-officier's study material as well as any of the officer's manuals I could obtain and I practiced other skills that every combatant should have by reflex and instinct. If you hit someone you could choose to break bones, incapacitate or paralyze. You should also be able to fix yourself or someone else up if they were in a bad way. Anyways, along with the muscle comes flexibility and agility..something like part monkey part gymnast and this required practice. Before I joined the Legion when in school, I used to be competitive in springboard (1 and 3 metre) and later I used to dive from 10 metre towers. When on leave in France, there were a few places in Paris that I would practice diving..Luminy had towers and 1 and 3m out in the suburbs if I recall and Place Concorde had a nice pool and 1m diving board. In Marseille, there is a nice, but old, pool I used to go to straight up from the Port area about 3 or 4 km.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
275 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia
jwaltos I think in same way about dedication to job and way of life in Legion. You have to learn and read along with good physical condition. These days I'm working on my flexibility and agility because last couple of years I worked only in gym with weights and i become stiff and slow. I get some muscle, but i'm feeling clumsy. Not good for modern soldier.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Canada
A few of the things that I believe a combatant, not specifically a soldier, should have in their ‘bag of tricks’: be able to hold your breath at least 3 minutes to leave a gassed area or if underwater, electronics/computer training where you can enable your systems and disable theirs (it's a team effort and control is king) and have the attitude where if you have one bullet, try to take out more than just one target at a time. So, mentally and physically be your best. You want to survive in any and all circumstances and that may mean running for your life and not getting into situations you cannot reasonably get out of... unless you are looking for a one way trip which no one should. Finally, if you have weaknesses like snoring, poor eyesight, less than excellent hearing and/or you smoke (yeah, I smelled 'em, saw them, heard them over a quarter mile away) then you, in my opinion, are like a walking sign saying ‘here I am’.
There are nasty situations where you will see what people are made of, some can't handle it whereas others seem to be in their element. Pick your friends accordingly.

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom