New Documentary "La face cachée de la légion"

mark wake

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Pro Member
Premium Member
That would be Duffy, Sklenak made me take him to bed during Christmas reveille in 2006 I think, smashed the room up accidentally by falling into the first double bunk, shitting himself, rolling around in it and then making shitty little paw prints all over the walls trying to get up. Thankfully it wasn't my room.
I reckon it was probably Gibbo, crazy bastard.
Do you remember Smithy, he got pissed out of his tree one morning and no one could find him. He'd managed to crawl up onto the top of the cassiers in the back room and slept until Sklenak dragged him down around 1500 hrs!
Do you remember the infamous congo. Lear and I came back from town around 0200 to see about 15 anglophones congoing around the parade square of the 3 13 stark naked sporting hard ons, you can't make this shit up!
Christ! The bloody Anglos could tell you even more graphic stories but they'd probably ban me! Makes me wonder why the hell did the French put up with us!!?

Cpl K

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Christ! The bloody Anglos could tell you even more graphic stories but they'd probably ban me! Makes me wonder why the hell did the French put up with us!!?
Yes I have some weird stories from my time in the legion in Guyane 92-94, Djibouti 98-00 etc and some even crazier ones after the legion in Marseille. Rapace could tell you a crazy one about the last time we met in a friends restaurant with another ex legion guy from the UK......

Even now I'm still in Marseille and most of my mates are ex legion. I left the legion 14 years ago and it just get's crazier each weekend.....

Cpl K...

mulgarat

Actual or Ex Legionnaire - Donator
Legionnaire
That would be Duffy, Sklenak made me take him to bed during Christmas reveille in 2006 I think, smashed the room up accidentally by falling into the first double bunk, shitting himself, rolling around in it and then making shitty little paw prints all over the walls trying to get up. Thankfully it wasn't my room.
I reckon it was probably Gibbo, crazy bastard.
Do you remember Smithy, he got pissed out of his tree one morning and no one could find him. He'd managed to crawl up onto the top of the cassiers in the back room and slept until Sklenak dragged him down around 1500 hrs!
Do you remember the infamous congo. Lear and I came back from town around 0200 to see about 15 anglophones congoing around the parade square of the 3 13 stark naked sporting hard ons, you can't make this shit up!
Yeah remember the scandal with Duffy on Christmas Eve 1986. Complete lunatic. Number of times he used to come in and sit on the end of my bunk completely wasted and start to give fatherly advice on "lookin afffta nummer one". Heart of Gold and an alcoholic.
Smithy must've saved a fortune, he was always en taule. He used to get about town with a cane, the type with a blade in it and he'd chase off the Booboos that got too close like he was in Kipling's Rajasthan or something. Ran into him again in Israel in 91' living on the roof of a Pub in Eilat.
Completely forgotten about the Congo. Think they were doing it to a song by Madness or that was another one with the Madness walk.

Speaking of rolling around in shit. Who was the punter that took a whore back to his Hotel, he went "back door" on her and to pay back the offense she waited till he'd passed out, shat on his chest, emptied his wallet and scrawled in lipstick "Moi n'aime pas ce dans la cul" on the mirror. Hooley dooley, not a happy camper.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
This is graphic enough. :)

Especially last story by mulgarat. I pictured whole event in my head. Not the nice scene.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Pro Member
Premium Member
This is graphic enough. :)

Especially last story by mulgarat. I pictured whole event in my head. Not the nice scene.
I don't know who the feck you are! or care!. This was something amongst us greens. You had better put a picture in your head about trying to make it through selection. making it through Castel and then serving your contract with the legion. only then will we respect your comments!

In another vein. We had some famous shitters during my time in the Corps. One guy used to drop a turd in an officer's cap or beret at every opportunity. Another with his team of oppos would target a posh hotel and crap in as many newly made up beds as possible.

On another occasion we killed the Jock regimental goat and dined off it. The ensuing fight over lost honour hospitalised both sides. When the Red Caps and Shore Patrol turned up both side joined up and vented their combined wrath on them with several MPs' being then hospitalised.

Hard units often have naughty boys who do unpleasant things. It is the way of the military world.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Documentary is amazing... Unbelievable story.
But most of it is true. The bad thing is that they only took the "nasty" elements of our legion's life and also the bad cases (there are always some in such a big organization)

To summarize it, what is said is true but it does not describe fairly the totality, the vast majority, of the legion life

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
No hard feelings mark. I just mentioned that there was some graphic threads by other greens (not you) as a joke. For me personally, everyone can write what he likes.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Pro Member
Premium Member
No hard feelings mark. I just mentioned that there was some graphic threads by other greens (not you) as a joke. For me personally, everyone can write what he likes.
Its alright lad! Still remember almost 40 years ago on the farm fighting for bread because we were so hungry! Later on when I made it into the REP things weren't that much better! It was only after some 30-40 jumps plus combat when I got any respect! But that was back in the day! As for Chas and his lads? Hhmm! He would of had a hard time taking us on in the desert or jungle back then! Although as seaborne forces go the Royal Marines are second to none!

Mark,

No 'Guerre des Boutons' from me. What officers called disciplinary offences, if the miscreants were caught, we describe as general naughtiness. It was the nature of the beast.

As you know our Armed Forces are at an all time low. (76K approx.) Lower than when we fought Boney. We are reduced to a mere defence force but still with some superb units. Our politicians and the MoD have let us down.

MoD document : The RM Vision- Think Commando states thus ; The RM continue to provide the greatest individual contribution to the UK SF Group. At 4.4% of UK military manpower, currently provide 43% of frontline, 'badged' Special Forces.

Royal Marines are multi talented- we also have our own Cdo Air wing with qualified RM fixed wing and chopper pilots. We even had them flying for us in the Falklands.

Its alright lad! Still remember almost 40 years ago on the farm fighting for bread because we were so hungry! Later on when I made it into the REP things weren't that much better! It was only after some 30-40 jumps plus combat when I got any respect! But that was back in the day! As for Chas and his lads? Hhmm! He would of had a hard time taking us on in the desert or jungle back then! Although as seaborne forces go the Royal Marines are second to none!
What are odds of serving in REP and not having any back or leg/knee injuries from all those jumps during your contract ?

loustic

Banned
Banned
Maybe :D

Can you answer the question ?
I am one of the injured but that was because I wanted to jump to fast and did not wait for all the green lights. If you obey all the orders, your chances are great not to be injured.
Obvious your chances to have "back, leg or knee injuries" are greater in 2 REP than in 2 REI, but your joy in jumping is infinitely greater also !

If you don't want any injury, I suggest that you stay home and find a job you can do without going out. Nevertheless the roof could fall down !

I am one of the injured but that was because I wanted to jump to fast and did not wait for all the green lights. If you obey all the orders, your chances are great not to be injured.
Obvious your chances to have "back, leg or knee injuries" are greater in 2 REP than in 2 REI, but your joy in jumping is infinitely greater also !

If you don't want any injury, I suggest that you stay home and find a job you can do without going out. Nevertheless the roof could fall down !
I'm fine with injuries even death if it's meant, but one thing is being ready for some bad shit and another to lower the possibility for that same bad shit.

I'm fine with injuries even death if it's meant, but one thing is being ready for some bad shit and another to lower the possibility for that same bad shit.
Injuries will happen in pretty much every military unit.
I'm in basic training (not in the Legion) and a few guys in my platoon have been medically discharged, 1 because of a knee injury (that guy might not be able to serve again).
You'll probably learn how to land correctly after jumping down from obstacles and jumping out of planes, landing correctly will lower the chances of injury significantly.

Most viewed threads of the week