My way of taking control of my life

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Yes, you are right Legionnaire (1998) happening in year 1925 in Marseille and Morocco.

I was thinking on second (first) movie (Lionheart 1990). Timeline here is probably late 80s and legion part is Djibouti.

Here, see by yourself. It's only few minutes.

They have wings with the star and they have regimental insignia that could be, looking at the shape , only 4e RE (or maybe 1er RE. ).

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Yes, you are right Legionnaire (1998) happening in year 1925 in Marseille and Morocco.

I was thinking on second (first) movie (Lionheart 1990). Timeline here is probably late 80s and legion part is Djibouti.

Here, see by yourself. It's only few minutes.

They have wings with dusa and I'm sure that this is a very accurate moviethe star and they have regimental insignia that could be, looking at the shape , only 4e RE (or maybe 1er RE. ).
I'm sure you are right Dusa, and I'm sure that this is a very accurate movie based on well documented fact.
However when I saw the opening title, Djibouti, North Africa, I couldn't carry on watching.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
I'm sure you are right Dusa, and I'm sure that this is a very accurate movie based on well documented fact.
However when I saw the opening title, Djibouti, North Africa, I couldn't carry on watching.
Hahha. Don't be so harsh :) They didn't miss much. Just couple thousands kilometers. . But they guessed Africa right. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Yea, I see your point, so I gave it another 3 mins and 23 sec. Do we eventually find out what rang the legionnaire who is giving JC V two weeks of hard labour "starting tomorrow"? Also the legionnaires or corporals (can't tell) should get a couple of days jail because of the lisiere of their kepi. That is the black band that runs across the front of the kepi. It should be pushed down next to the peak.

A corporal chef kepi Blanc has a gold one. I'm sorry Dusa, I couldn't. However if you hear of him making any other legion movies, I'm available as an adviser and if needed as the second staring role.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Yea, I see your point, so I gave it another 3 mins and 23 sec. Do we eventually find out what rang the legionnaire who is giving JC V two weeks of hard labour "starting tomorrow"? Also the legionnaires or corporals (can't tell) should get a couple of days jail because of the lisiere of their kepi. That is the black band that runs across the front of the kepi. It should be pushed down next to the peak.

A corporal chef kepi Blanc has a gold one. I'm sorry Dusa, I couldn't. However if you hear of him making any other legion movies, I'm available as an adviser and if needed as the second staring role.
Haha. I'm Already see plot in my head :). VD, now old retired legionar going to Thailand to find old friend from legion (Joe). Because he need his help in order to get back kidnapped wife or daughter or dog ... or sheep etc. :). He find him in front of a market drinking beer. He (Joe) had couple too many so he picked up fight with 10 to 15 locals. Drunk, still manage to put 4 or 5 of them on ground, but heavily outnumbered its overruned and its about to get ass kicked. But then VD steps in and with couple of his epic splits saves his old mate. Because this VD movie I think we all know who would rest of movie unwind. VD and Joe together rescue that kidnapped person kicking the shit out of everyone in process. :LOL:

Most viewed threads of the week