[Joining] Minor drug offence a dealbreaker?

mdokur

Home Country
Turkey
Hello everyone,

I have turned 30 recently, I have two minor drug offences (possession of small amount of marijuana) on my record. One from when I was 22 one from when I was 29.

I never had an addiction problem I just smoked some marijuana from time to time. I would test absolutely clean.

I am in pretty good physical condition. Can do 50+ pushups, 14 pull-ups (a weak point I admit) can climb a rope legless, run a mile under 6 minutes, have respectable squat, bench, press and deadlift (140, 100, 75, 180 kgs respectively ) at 73 kgs bodyweight.

My first offence was erased from my record since I complied with all my probation requirements (giving clean urine samples, etc.) and the second offence will be erased mid-summer next year (2018). I don't know if the Legion will find out about these but I won't lie about it.

Will this be a deal breaker? Is there a policy of not accepting drug offenders of any kind? I have used the search function but there was no definitive answer given.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
The drug problem should be fine if you go absolutely clean. Albeit the Legion will take you up to the age of 40, time is against you. You will be competing against youngsters who are preferable.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
787 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Mdokur, just make sure that you are absolutely 100% clean. And I'm not just talking about pissing in a jar.

mdokur

Home Country
Turkey
Mdokur, just make sure that you are absolutely 100% clean. And I'm not just talking about pissing in a jar.
I can be tested everyway for drugs and come out clean, including hair tests. I didn't smoke for some time now and it would be completely out of my system by now let alone next summer. I drink alcohol very rarely (once every 3 months or so).

I have a dirty mind though. Hope that won't be a problem.

Is there another meaning that I'm not catching?

mdokur

Home Country
Turkey
I am 100% clean in the drugs department, my mind however is a different case.

The drug problem should be fine if you go absolutely clean. Albeit the Legion will take you up to the age of 40, time is against you. You will be competing against youngsters who are preferable.

note: For some reason my post is being deleted but I am bot being notified that this was due to moderation. strange.

I hope to make up for being older by being wiser, ie. knowing when to keep my mouth shut.

Home Country
United States
Clean pee obviously and lay it flat on the table like I did. I told them everything about my felony cultivation of marijuana charge and I'm going to the rep tmrw. Just be honest.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Ratings
99 2
Home Country
Canada
I am 100% clean in the drugs department, my mind however is a different case.

note: For some reason my post is being deleted but I am bot being notified that this was due to moderation. strange.

I hope to make up for being older by being wiser, ie. knowing when to keep my mouth shut.
The post was not deleted, it needed to be moderated for some obscure reason. It is now visible.

mdokur

Home Country
Turkey
Clean pee obviously and lay it flat on the table like I did. I told them everything about my felony cultivation of marijuana charge and I'm going to the rep tmrw. Just be honest.
That is very good to hear. I am 100% positive that no drugs are in my system at the moment. I would test clean in every kind of test they might do.

BTW, may I ask how fit you are(pullups, luc leger score etc) since I want to go 2REP also.

I will be honest and hope for the best. My situation is clearly lighter than a felony cultivation charge I hope they will think that I deserve a second chance.

mdokur,

Without a 'clear mind' - simply don't go.
I was joking but it kinda got lost because of my poor choice of words.

Most viewed threads of the week