a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minimum BMI?

Reaction score
Home Country
Philippine
Would it be a good idea to apply with close to be just over the minimum Body Mass Index when you apply to join?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
My BMI is like 21, the requirement is 22. How's the rest of your health? Can you do more than 10 pull ups? How is the running? It all factors, and if everything else is square, I can't see why they'd care if you are small or thin

Reaction score
Home Country
Philippine
My BMI is like 21, the requirement is 22. How's the rest of your health? Can you do more than 10 pull ups? How is the running? It all factors, and if everything else is square, I can't see why they'd care if you are small or thin
Wait where does it say BMI should be 22? Wasnt it 20?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I wouldn't worry yourself too much about BMI, that's all down to the medical side. It's up to the doctor's who passes the medical. I believe that Chas has posted several times on here how he was 'scrawny' (no offense, mate) and he was an officer in the Royal Marines. Which as everyone knows, rank has it's privileges, but in the field you lead by example.