Military medical file and Age

Hi there, Just wondering what the requirement is for bringing my medical file to recruiting if I am leaving another defence force. Also, how important is age? I will be 33 at time of recruitment, am I at a disadvantage. Any input would be of great help... Cheers in advance.

Just wondering what the requirement is for bringing my medical file to recruiting if I am leaving another defence force. Also, how important is age? I will be 33 at time of recruitment, am I at a disadvantage.
Nah, 33 is fine. You might be limited in things like moving up in rank or getting into the "recon" units, but 33 isn't old. You might get a few more grilling as to "why now?" and not earlier in your life. But as long as you have good answers you are fine. You have to convince them you will stay and 'need' the legion just like everyone else.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Hi there, Just wondering what the requirement is for bringing my medical file to recruiting if I am leaving another defence force. Also, how important is age? I will be 33 at time of recruitment, am I at a disadvantage. Any input would be of great help... Cheers in advance.
Hi Fish55, you shouldn't need to take your medical file with you. UNLESS you have scars from operations etc. And then I would suggest photocopies. If that is the case(scars) be prepared financially to go for xrays.
33 is not a disadvantage if, like Nick says you can convince them that you are going to stay. Coming from half way around the world is an advantage, but it all depends on the interviewer if he takes it into account.
Best of luck whatever you decide. Just don't look back in 10 years time and regret not going.

Most viewed threads of the week