Macron the new president..

USMCRET

Thanks for these comments, USMCRET. Be sure there will be NO problem with me, nor with the men I have now the honor to lead ! After all I have been trained as legionnaire (and so are they). Moreover, I have been trained as REPMAN and sent to Mali in January 2013 ! Unforgettable experience for the boy I was then ! I think that with you, I don't need to say more.
I am really happy you get to serve in a reserve capacity and later you will be a very valuable part of the legion when you graduate. I have no doubts about you guys, you are all well trained Legionnaires Loustic, my friend.

I am sorry your active duty career was cut short with an injury. I'd wish the legion were more flexible. I know you would have made it a career.

We now have Marines on Active Duty with Prosthetic Limbs and they can PT and do their Semi Annual PT Tests. We used to medically retire them, no mater what rank or length of service. Now, some are allowed to stay and serve in other capacities in other Combat Arms Fields.

USMCRET

I was in Canada. The problem with "the law" was not very serious since I was only 14. My father was a police officer and gave me no choice : he insisted that the Judge tried me as an adult and gave me the maximum possible penalty : 5 years ! First in juvenile prison, and the rest in real adult prison.
You are a better man now and the Legion gained a good Corporal. You would never had a chance to serve in the US Military.

USMCRET

I was a kid "from juvenile court" !

I am a legionnaire !
Chesty Puller is our most famed General and he had a very good meme, "Take me to the Brig (prison) where the real Marines are!"

Irish and Loustic, the USMC Officer was right, most will not be very good Marines and they will have disciplinary problems; however, some of the very best Marines were Marines that received a second chance.

When I recruited you absolutely could not enlist someone with certain types of arrest and criminal record, they were barred. Also, if someone were on active probation they were DQd until the probation was complete and 6-months had past; however, they required a HQUSMC waiver to enlist.

Now, any good recruiter, had some judges and District Attorneys in their pocket. Sometimes one could talk to a DA or Judge and clearly explain with a wink and nod the rules for enlistment and what is acceptable and not acceptable and get a charge reduced or say get a kid off of a diversionary program because one was going to enlist them, the judge and DA understood the recruiting game. Just saying of course.

Chesty Puller is our most famed General and he had a very good meme, "Take me to the Brig (prison) where the real Marines are!"

Irish and Loustic, the USMC Officer was right, most will not be very good Marines and they will have disciplinary problems; however, some of the very best Marines were Marines that received a second chance.

When I recruited you absolutely could not enlist someone with certain types of arrest and criminal record, they were barred. Also, if someone were on active probation they were DQd until the probation was complete and 6-months had past; however, they required a HQUSMC waiver to enlist.
In my day (the late 1960s) this was never offered to anyone convicted of serious crimes, such as murder, rape, drug dealing. It was offered to someone convicted of possession of small amounts of marijuana, drinking under age, riding in a stolen car.

As I understood it, the convicted were not put on probation. Their case was continued when they came back with their enlistment papers. And if they came back with an Honorable Discharge the charges would be dropped. I'm not sure how that worked if they were already convicted.
Now, any good recruiter, had some judges and District Attorneys in their pocket. Sometimes one could talk to a DA or Judge and clearly explain with a wink and nod the rules for enlistment and what is acceptable and not acceptable and get a charge reduced or say get a kid off of a diversionary program because one was going to enlist them, the judge and DA understood the recruiting game. Just saying of course.
The district court in my neighborhood had an office reserved for a Marine recruiter. Word on the street was that the public defender, prosecutor, and judge would sit down with the recruiter to go over the day's cases to see who might be eligible for this program.

In my day (the late 1960s) this was never offered to anyone convicted of serious crimes, such as murder, rape, drug dealing. It was offered to someone convicted of possession of small amounts of marijuana, drinking under age, riding in a stolen car.

As I understood it, the convicted were not put on probation. Their case was continued when they came back with their enlistment papers. And if they came back with an Honorable Discharge the charges would be dropped. I'm not sure how that worked if they were already convicted.
The district court in my neighborhood had an office reserved for a Marine recruiter. Word on the street was that the public defender, prosecutor, and judge would sit down with the recruiter to go over the day's cases to see who might be eligible for this program.

I was in Canada. The problem with "the law" was not very serious since I was only 14. My father was a police officer and gave me no choice : he insisted that the Judge tried me as an adult and gave me the maximum possible penalty : 5 years ! First in juvenile prison, and the rest in real adult prison.
Well, that sucks. I'm sorry that your father treated you that way.

USMCRET

I knew a few judges and district attorneys in my day. I had one of my recruits his dad was a retired Judge and he served some times on the Louisiana Supreme Court. No bad Criminals Irish, just the ones savable. All done under the table of course, otherwise they were forever DQd

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Another article on the same subject: French military head Gen Pierre de Villiers quits over cuts
The successor is Gen François Lecointre. Gen Lecointre served in the Troupes de Marine and illustrated himself, when he was a Capt in 3° RIMa, during the assault on Vrbanja Bridge in 1995 in Sarajevo.
Well in the meantime we've got the gilet rouge. Macron reminds me of Alain, un gamin sous la jupe de sa mère (sa femme). Un gauchiste avec rien de concret derrière.

Joe & Dusaboss,

It can all be put to bed very simply. An original squad photo, matricule and a current photo of Cpl R. would suffice.

I have been sorting my junk and have discovered yomping in Libya, Cdos in Troodos looking for Grivas, self manning MG and climbing with the old cliff assault wing, which progressed to MAW unit. Now Brigade Patrol Troop multi skilled and more than comparable with the elite Para Pathfinder Pln.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating and hopefully no-one will suffer indigestion.

USMCRET

Joe & Dusaboss,

It can all be put to bed very simply. An original squad photo, matricule and a current photo of Cpl R. would suffice.

I have been sorting my junk and have discovered yomping in Libya, Cdos in Troodos looking for Grivas, self manning MG and climbing with the old cliff assault wing, which progressed to MAW unit. Now Brigade Patrol Troop multi skilled and more than comparable with the elite Para Pathfinder Pln.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating and hopefully no-one will suffer indigestion.
Yep, I uncovered this gem, Fallujah, 2004, myself and one of my junior Marines that went Forced Recon after this deployment, he received an award at FR Graduation for being the most motivated Marine.

I am on the left.

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
I don't know why but I didn't like Macron from the start. Are there any updates on budget cuts ? Countries do have to save money and invest into ecconomy but you can cut it just to a certain point after which you don't have a functional military. 1/3 of German planes, tanks and other heavy hitters is unusable, 1/3 needs repairs and 1/3 is operational not that anyone can attack Germany but if they don't take care of hardwere and soldiers its better to reduce numbers so that operational eccuipment is used and taken care off, army on the paper is useless ...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
I don't know why but I didn't like Macron from the start. Are there any updates on budget cuts ? Countries do have to save money and invest into ecconomy but you can cut it just to a certain point after which you don't have a functional military. 1/3 of German planes, tanks and other heavy hitters is unusable, 1/3 needs repairs and 1/3 is operational not that anyone can attack Germany but if they don't take care of hardwere and soldiers its better to reduce numbers so that operational eccuipment is used and taken care off, army on the paper is useless ...
It's difficult to compare Germany's spending with France. France still has a finger in a lot of African pies. Cutting back on the budget and still providing africans with up to date vehicles etc. I don't know. Let's not forget that this President is the first to have no military experience and humiliated his highest ranking officer on the eve of the 14th of July. to the point where he quit.

USMCRET

Well in the meantime we've got the gilet rouge. Macron reminds me of Alain, un gamin sous la jupe de sa mère (sa femme). Un gauchiste avec rien de concret derrière.
Now here is where I am glad the General Parted ways with the President and as we would say in the Marine Corps, he put his paper in.

Macron

"Mr Macron had said he would not tolerate dissent from the military."

That, pardon my French, is just pure shit

Most viewed threads of the week