Loss of the ability to see only THREADS with new posts cripples that function

gatorojo ✞

Missed friend...
Ratings
Home Country
United States
Boss,

I don't want to seem like an ingrate, but this change to the "New Posts" function does not streamline browsing or staying current with the events on the forum. Please regard these remarks as purely helpful feedback, and not ungrateful griping.

Right now, it shows all posts in the order which they were received. That means, they are not associated with the actual thread they were posted in, and it makes it impossible to keep straight the sense of the discussion. And since they are just one large (VERY LARGE) scrolling list of posts, even if you start at the top and start reading each successive post, you quickly realize that you're reading a post that you already read by the fact that the first post you open belongs to an active thread. You keep reading the thread to the end, but no indication in the master "new posts" list that the next post in that thread has already been read.

I went through about 10 posts in the "New Posts" list, before I gave up.

I sincerely hope this can be easily restored, I love this forum and would hate to give up on it, but it's just unworkable at the moment.

Thanks,

Bart

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
Slovenia
Gatorojo I use the "latest posts" under the forum on the right side of the statistics, the newest are always on top but they are not coloured I don't even bother looking on forums directly unless I'm bored.

gatorojo ✞

Missed friend...
Ratings
Home Country
United States
Gatorojo I use the "latest posts" under the forum on the right side of the statistics, the newest are always on top but they are not coloured I don't even bother looking on forums directly unless I'm bored.
First, thanks Boss, the forum looks quite different this morning, and the "New posts" function is back. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Did I mention, "Thank you Boss!"

And I'm with you, Hitsuji. No need to read the forum itself.

Most viewed threads of the week