[Question] Loners in the FFL

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Sometimes its nice to have your own space. I didn't get a lot of it. Made friends for life. For example a lot if the guys go in the piss and chase ladies we all did. But in later years it can get a bit boring. Just a few beers during the week and a night in the foyer. On perm a group of five of us always went camping. In MLE a lot of the guys went to classical concerts.

jwaltos

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Canada
Look up: "Asperger's Subtypes."
There are certain predictable behavioural types that exist within various occupations. I travelled to Brazil, Scandinavia, throughout Europe (had my foot in the door in Russia) and
Australia while under "anonyme." Very few legionnaires would break as many rules as I did so I mainly travelled alone; though there was another fellow, Kekz, who did similar things
and he was a bit of a loner also. Risk is relative.
This happened very, very rarely but once in a while I would encounter someone who I believed was a sociopath. These types were loners and they considered themselves special (because they were specially trained) and they were treated accordingly. Looking into the eyes of someone like that is akin to facing a rabid bear or alternatively an unexpressive void like the eyes of a shark. These loners in uniform belonged either in prison, a psych ward or special military units because they would not do well as normal civilians.

176607Mick

Unregistered
In my experience guys who separate themselves from what is essentially a team set up have no place in a military unit. I've seen people like this though and it never works out. Also creates distrust when in a 'real' situation.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Canada
A question then Mick, would you rather be part of a team of 6-7 guys that are worth 50 or would you rather work with a team of 50? An example would be the filthy thirteen.
Assuming one is part of a merc tearm, the economics of a fifty way split does not work out ;)

sombrerox

Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
A question then Mick, would you rather be part of a team of 6-7 guys that are worth 50 or would you rather work with a team of 50? An example would be the filthy thirteen.
Assuming one is part of a merc tearm, the economics of a fifty way split does not work out ;)
I don't know of a man who was in a group of people and who got along with all of them, it's natural that you don't like everyone, I'm sure that a guy who belongs to a group of 50 people doesn't get along with every single one of them. Now of course everyone would like to deal with fewer people, fewer people = fewer bullshit.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Ratings
52 3 1
Home Country
United States
Just to clear things up for the first and original question, by the poster. If you are a loner, which you won't be because the grinder will spit you out, you won't last long and you'll end up lumpy and desert. I am not getting into specifics, it is just the law of the land here. So, if you have some issues with whatever, do not come here just to desert. The bottom line again, there are no loners in the Legion.

176607Mick

Unregistered
I can only speak of my experiences. I'd prefer to work with a smaller chosen team than a group of people put together because they were in the same unit. But I've worked in both of these scenarios. It's just my choice that when I work in hostile environments I have a small well equipped and highly reliable group of people around me. Currently I work with 8 ex SF guys. We were chosen because we all get on. And we have weeded out the lone rangers and weirdos, and have ended up with a highly reliable and incredibly effective group of likeminded/stay out of the limelight/non blackwatrresque mentality. No place for trophy hunters and people who like to post what they do on arsebook and the like. We are here to do a job and earn huge amounts of money. Endex.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
Canada
Thanks Mick. I sincerely hope you get to retire and enjoy your earnings. It's not a comfy lifestyle always on guard with your life insurance being the guys next to you. As a fat, slow and old civilian I don't need to keep an eye open for sightlines, reflections and approach points anymore.

May your caches be undetectable and flawlessly booby-trapped.
Cheers.

176607Mick

Unregistered
Thanks Mick. I sincerely hope you get to retire and enjoy your earnings. It's not a comfy lifestyle always on guard with your life insurance being the guys next to you. As a fat, slow and old civilian I don't need to keep an eye open for sightlines, reflections and approach points anymore.

May your caches be undetectable and flawlessly booby-trapped.
Cheers.
Roger that. I think.

Ratings
Home Country
United States
Are you making that up so we all think you are straight?
It's ok, I know where this comes from.

Dusaboss, he thinks I am gay because I prefer to fight alongside men and think women have no place in the military especially in fighting units

It's ok, real men like their women small and fragile and beautiful. It's not my fault Surfguy enjoys masculine dykes instead of tiny, gorgeous females

Not their personal lives but I understand he's gay, the Legion does not knowingly accept gays.
Again. Neither of us are gay. I like women. You like to fight wars with girls who will get you killed. It's fine that you have no combat experience, I won't judge you

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom

Dusaboss, he sussed I am gay because I prefer to be alongside men and think women have no place in the military .

It's ok, real men like Surfguy like their women small and fragile and beautiful. It's not my fault I love men.
Corrected FOC :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
279 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Dusaboss, he thinks I am gay because I prefer to fight alongside men and think women have no place in the military especially in fighting units
What !!? :) Man... I didn't thought you are gay, neither I wrote something which would point in that direction. If read thread you will see that I actually agree with you that women have no place in the military in fighting units. I'm only suspicious about one former forum member conections with homosexualyty .

But now when you dragged me into this ..... :) . Hmmmm? You and Surfguy debating really passionately on this subject. Maybe you should meet and discuss about that in private. I'm sure some constructive solution will come out of that meeting. :)

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
What !!? :) Man... I didn't thought you are gay, neither I wrote something which would point in that direction. If read thread you will see that I actually agree with you that women have no place in the military in fighting units. I'm only suspicious about one former forum member conections with homosexualyty .

But now when you dragged me into this ..... :) . Hmmmm? You and Surfguy debating really passionately on this subject. Maybe you should meet and discuss about that in private. I'm sure some constructive solution will come out of that meeting. :)
:).........

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom