a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lone Survivor

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I really wanted to see this film...so I actually splashed out and went to see it on the big screen...instead of my usual dodgy dvds/downloads and it was well worth every penny!!! The film was just incredible!!

It's based on a true story of heroism, courage and survival, Lone Survivor tells the incredible tale of four Navy Seals on a covert mission to neutralize a high-level al-Qaeda operative who are ambushed by the enemy in the mountains of Afghanistan. Faced with an impossible moral decision, the small band is isolated from help and surrounded by a much larger force of Taliban ready for war. As they confront unthinkable odds together, the four men find reserves of strength and resilience as they stay in the fight to the finish.

The four main character's are Marcus Luttrell(Mark Wahlberg..his best performance by far!) Michael Murphy(Taylor Kitsch..who I don't know) Danny Dietz(Emile Hirsch..again I don't know him & Matt 'axe' Axelson(Ben Forster who I've always been a massive fan of!!) They all play amazing parts and I was sitting there with my heart in my mouth through most of the film...so much so that I didn't even manage to flick one piece of my popcorn at any unsuspecting cinema goers :-(
You cannot miss this film!!! It's action from start to finish, the performances from all the actors is second to none and even after the credits had started to go up...no one left the cinema, everyone was just sat, quiet and deep in thought. To think that this film is based on true events, you can watch a film and know when it ends that its just a story...but when you watch a film that tells the true story of actual people & events...it really brings it home to you...it makes it real.

I've enclosed the link for the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTfgc5x30j0

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
I've seen it as well recently and I liked that movie, there was no Rambo killing whole division. Only thing I didn't like was how they failed to conceal themselves and stood in the open more or less to be stumbled upon. And they let go obviously hostile people, they could've at least tied them up to the tries to buy couple of hours to get out of there and the movie could have been half an hour shorter, other wise great movie.

epsa

Reaction score
Home Country
Russian Federation
the book says they didnt have rope for lacing the farmers.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Epsa,

I have not read the book or seen the film.
However from what you say, I am surprised that no team member had rope, cord or flexicuff. Basic requirement on any covert op.

stefankidd

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
In 2005 during Operation Red Wings that took place in Kunar province, my dad was in ISAF in Kabul. He told me about that operation few weeks ago, then I saw the movie.