a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion Stories

IRL_legion

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Any ideas for homemade heavy bag? Those you can found in store (price range I can afford) are crap. Quality is like they made them for punches of preschool kids. also don't like hanging bag. It's raining around all the way which is good for training your coordination, but bad for everything else.
I was thinking on just wrapping training mat . I don't know any ideas?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas for homemade heavy bag? Those you can found in store (price range I can afford) are crap. Quality is like they made them for punches of preschool kids. also don't like hanging bag. It's raining around all the way which is good for training your coordination, but bad for everything else.
remember me & another Brit here got an old Army kit bag or sausage bag we called them. filled it with sand cut off the handle & taped it with black nasty tape...was f@cking solid...haha

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Wrap an old mattress or piece of foam around a tree or pole.
Won't work. You can't really do much on device made that way and you can break a leg or arm. ;)

remember me & another Brit here got an old Army kit bag or sausage bag we called them. filled it with sand cut off the handle & taped it with black nasty tape...was f@cking solid...haha
Too heavy and hard for "heavy" bag. Also possible injuries. Bags are filled with pieces of cloth or sawdust

Yeah I know Steven Seagal hitting board wrapped with rope, but hey I'm not that tough (and I don't wanna be ;)). My friend use to bodyguard him during his European tour.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea

Marry one

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Won't work. You can't really do much on device made that way and you can break a leg or arm. ;)

Too heavy and hard for "heavy" bag. Also possible injuries. Bags are filled with pieces of cloth or sawdust

Yeah I know Steven Seagal hitting board wrapped with rope, but hey I'm not that tough (and I don't wanna be ;)). My friend use to bodyguard him during his European tour.
yeah..the sand was not great quality & when it settles it is very hard. wrapped bandages around our knuckles & hands was blood on the bag...no joke. we were doing karate together. was dumb really but we were like hardcore at the time :LOL: even made a Makiwara which is what you were talking about. press ups on your knuckles you do anyway as a warm up in most karate Dojos.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Faites ceci et frappez soft. Il va construire vos jointures et vos poignets, vous pourrez alors frapper plus fort.

Make this and punch soft until you are stronger. Strengthen wrists and knuckles.

IRL_legion

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland

Old car tyres bolted together, Muay Thai style. 3 of them and chain on top to hang.

If they're too hard then wrap a mat around them until you get stronger or they get broke in and softer.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Like the ones they make in jail. A brush handle with four 1 gallon drums of cleaning liquid tied on with rubber gloves 😆
Knew a guy that made his own with concrete and old paint tins. Had some old pipes, put a tin on either end and filled em with concrete. Must've worked okay, because the guy was built like a brick sh!thouse.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
48380692_217336235849903_4533865939782860800_o.jpg
After recent events with those who shall not be named, I thought this would be fitting.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Knew a guy that made his own with concrete and old paint tins. Had some old pipes, put a tin on either end and filled em with concrete. Must've worked okay, because the guy was built like a brick sh!thouse.
Haha...yeah a Weight is a Weight. Don't need to be fancy Gym Machines

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Faites ceci et frappez soft. Il va construire vos jointures et vos poignets, vous pourrez alors frapper plus fort.

Make this and punch soft until you are stronger. Strengthen wrists and knuckles.
Amazing we never broke something... Thing Hardy moved when you hit it. Was good times though... LOL