a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

Last questions before joining on Nov

Meir

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
For how long last the basic training, till i know which regiment im for ?

If i have sensitivity for lactose and milky products would be a medical prevention to let me join?

Thank you...

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
For how long last the basic training, till i know which regiment im for ?

If i have sensitivity for lactose and milky products would be a medical prevention to let me join?

Thank you...
Hello, why not introduce yourself and share some not to personal info and read the form rules, would you be sensitive to udder milk products?

Meir

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Good Idea so my name is Meir im 32 y.o from Israel and so eager to join...
Yes i got lactose intolerance means udder milk products as well, (im able to eat it's not dangerous for me)

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Hi Meir, welcome to the forum. You must be able to serve anywhere in the world, I think that's the major concern for the FFL, and that means also being able to eat their rations. I have read from Aaron of legionstories.com that when he did selection, aspiring EVs were given a shot to test for allergies to the additives used in French MREs. It is safe to suppose that severe allergic reactions to the shot is a reason for exclusion. It all depends from the severity of your condition, you mention intollerance to certain foods which can be mild and also, disappear after continuous exposure. How bad is it?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Meir, You first joined on the forum back in 2012, nearly ten years later you have one last question before joining (a second time !).
Are you sure that your allergy to milk isn't to do with your religion?

o_O:eek::oops:

and I quote from another post from you :3. if im eating halal/kosher food can i find the suitable meat for me at the Legion ? Unquote
I know that there is something about milk only coming from a Kosher animal rules and that they cannot be eaten with meat.
Basically you're wasting your time and ours and the legion's.

Meir

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Hi Meir, welcome to the forum. You must be able to serve anywhere in the world, I think that's the major concern for the FFL, and that means also being able to eat their rations. I have read from Aaron of legionstories.com that when he did selection, aspiring EVs were given a shot to test for allergies to the additives used in French MREs. It is safe to suppose that severe allergic reactions to the shot is a reason for exclusion. It all depends from the severity of your condition, you mention intollerance to certain foods which can be mild and also, disappear after continuous exposure. How bad is it?
Thank you...
That is fortunately not that bad

Meir

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Hi Meir, You first joined on the forum back in 2012, nearly ten years later you have one last question before joining (a second time !).
Are you sure that your allergy to milk isn't to do with your religion?

o_O:eek::oops:

and I quote from another post from you :3. if im eating halal/kosher food can i find the suitable meat for me at the Legion ? Unquote
I know that there is something about milk only coming from a Kosher animal rules and that they cannot be eaten with meat.
Basically you're wasting your time and ours and the legion's.
Thank you...
That's right i asked about it before, about milk there's nothing to do with the religion...
And my last time in Aubagne was almost 7 years ago so i do remember some muslims there so i was interested to know about it...
Although i have no plans to order food like in a restaurant, that was just to make sure that i medically still fit for the Legion...

Meir

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Why joining the FFL and not staying in the IDF? That's a hell of an army to serve in, I bet plenty of combat opportunity and interesting soldiering to be done.
Man that's right, but i already served IDF as truck driver long ago, for the IDF i'm too old (only reserve service optional)