a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krav Maga Update

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
So I made it to Paradise the day after judgment day. I passed the psych test with no problems, which means I am somewhat same. The following day I had to go to take my medical exam, which is where for the first time in my life I discovered I have a murmur. The caporal-chef then said I had to go to the hospital to get an ECG.
When I went the hospital in a Thursday I discovered that the Doc was on vaca, so I spent the next 4 days sleeping in the park waiting for the Doc. Monday morning I saw the doc and I got the test results which came back good. I was deemed fit for service. So back to Paradise I went.
The next day after going to medical again I had my fitness test. I originally wanted to wait until I made it in to the Legion to post the results of what happened. But it seems I've been busted and I felt obligated through all my posts to give a krav maga update. This board has taken a certain piece of heart which makes me want to be upfront and honest. I had ran miles and miles before I left to the legion but I never practiced the Luc-Léger. After all the miles I had I ran I figured I would fine. But while trying to pace myself through the laps I managed to not cross the line in time and was told to wait a month before going back. I had enough energy to make it, just need to work on the proper pace...

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'm now bumming it in the park until the return of judgement day part II. 😎😱💩👩*🌾

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm now bumming it in the park until the return of judgement day part II.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Thanks for posting about the Luc-Léger, hopefully the others will take note. I take it the park you are in is the one near the regiment. Be careful, the Missus and I used to play tennis there, in the mornings you will see a lot of legionnaires walking through it to get to the regiment. Also the EVs go running through it in the mornings. Might not look too good to be recognized.

schaden

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
What level did you "managed to not cross the line in time" on?

176607Mick

Unregistered
I'm now bumming it in the park until the return of judgement day part II. [emoji41][emoji33][emoji90][emoji68]*[emoji264]

Hey are you actually crashing in the bushes? Let us know mate?

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yeah literally in the bushes, some guy woke me up a few nights ago and kicked the bag I was using as a pillow. he just walked away after I woke up. Ive seen cops ride scooters through the park but so far nobody has asked me to leave yet. I managed to make it to level six, but I did the first few levels faster than I should of. so I slowed down a bit to conserve more energy to make it farther. but instead I missed the beep. so I ran 3 miles two days a go and ran 42, 30 meter sprints along with some pull ups on a soccer goal. yesterday I did the same but ran a faster mile instead of a medium paced 3 miles.

I should be fine and will still make it I just think I have a bad rap because of the American Flag tattoed on the side of my neck. But I dont think they hate me they are going to be less lenient with me. they gave other people a second chance but when I asked for one they said no. they just said come back in a month. which could have been longer i think like either 3 to 6 months is the norm I believe. so a month isnt that long.:eek::eek::eek:

176607Mick

Unregistered
Yeah literally in the bushes, some guy woke me up a few nights ago and kicked the bag I was using as a pillow. he just walked away after I woke up. Ive seen cops ride scooters through the park but so far nobody has asked me to leave yet. I managed to make it to level six, but I did the first few levels faster than I should of. so I slowed down a bit to conserve more energy to make it farther. but instead I missed the beep. so I ran 3 miles two days a go and ran 42, 30 meter sprints along with some pull ups on a soccer goal. yesterday I did the same but ran a faster mile instead of a medium paced 3 miles.

I should be fine and will still make it I just think I have a bad rap because of the American Flag tattoed on the side of my neck. But I dont think they hate me they are going to be less lenient with me. they gave other people a second chance but when I asked for one they said no. they just said come back in a month. which could have been longer i think like either 3 to 6 months is the norm I believe. so a month isnt that long.:eek::eek::eek:

Ok mate, we'll take it easy. I admire your commitment but you can find a hostel to get your nut down. Mind you, there are cheap b&b's in Aubagne..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Don't lose faith! Other lads tried 2-3 times before they made it!

Crotalus Atrox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Well, this could be a new career move for you, no?

Many years ago a friend of mine came back from holiday and told me a funny story. He said that there was this guy dressed in a gillie suit with fresh twigs and face paint and all. He would hang out where all the tourists were, lying in wait to scare them. Apparently they liked it and gave him tips. He was on the local news and everything; said he made over $100K per year...

You could take the TGV out of Marseille and head to the Champs de Mars in Paris. That's the park that the Eiffle Tower lives in. I think that would be one of the most touristic parks I can think of... ohhh, maybe be a mime! That would be very 'French' of you... People love a silent clown with balloons. Gives you a chance to learn the language(s)...

'Excuse moi, je chache (pronounced 'shaw-shh') le ecole (E-coal) de mime (me-m).' Excuse me, I'm looking for the school of mimes... Hahaha... (You thought my spelling, grammar and punctuation was bad in English...)

You would get to watch all the pretty girls, learn all the languages of the world and eat like a king... Might even see FFL rover watches wonder through the park as they carry out operation 'Sentinelle.' You could tie them all a big flower out of balloons; like a six balloon flower. Then you could buy them a 'beire' because, after all, you are still making way more money than they are. HA hahaha....

Find your self a nice Frenchie and do your little mime act together right there in the park. Retirement in Monaco, on a yacht, in 10 years... Two years of marriage to a Frenchie gets you citizenship. Must know French though, I think there is a language test... Third most spoken language in the world. Totally worth knowing, in and out. They say 2-3k words will get you by, 20-25k words is considered 'fluent'...

HAHAHA... all good fun.

This could actually be a blessing. Make you wrap your head around some everyday French to be first in selection. Find a Youth Hostel and trade cleaning that B (corvee- chores) for food and a bunk... or, yeah, there is 'WOOFing'... labor work at a vineyard... Cleaning fishing boats... but definitely 'go gray', blend. Don't attract too much negative attention to yourself. They might not care what your excuse is...

Good luck bud!

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well, this could be a new career move for you, no?

Many years ago a friend of mine came back from holiday and told me a funny story. He said that there was this guy dressed in a gillie suit with fresh twigs and face paint and all. He would hang out where all the tourists were, lying in wait to scare them. Apparently they liked it and gave him tips. He was on the local news and everything; said he made over $100K per year...

You could take the TGV out of Marseille and head to the Champs de Mars in Paris. That's the park that the Eiffle Tower lives in. I think that would be one of the most touristic parks I can think of... ohhh, maybe be a mime! That would be very 'French' of you... People love a silent clown with balloons. Gives you a chance to learn the language(s)...

'Excuse moi, je chache (pronounced 'shaw-shh') le ecole (E-coal) de mime (me-m).' Excuse me, I'm looking for the school of mimes... Hahaha... (You thought my spelling, grammar and punctuation was bad in English...)

You would get to watch all the pretty girls, learn all the languages of the world and eat like a king... Might even see FFL rover watches wonder through the park as they carry out operation 'Sentinelle.' You could tie them all a big flower out of balloons; like a six balloon flower. Then you could buy them a 'beire' because after all, you are still making way more money than they are. HA hahaha....

Find your self a nice Frenchie and do your little mime act together right there in the park. Retirement in Monaco, on a yacht, in 10 years... Two years of marriage to a Frenchie gets you citizenship. Must know French though, I think there is a language test... Third most spoken language in the world. Totally worth knowing, in and out. They say 2-3k words will get you by, 20-25k words is considered 'fluent'...

HAHAHA... all good fun.

This could actually be a blessing. Make you wrap your head around some everyday French to be first in selection. Find a Youth Hostel and trade cleaning that B (corvee- chores) for food and a bunk... or, yeah, there is 'WOOFing'... labor work at a vineyard... Cleaning fishing boats... but definitely 'go gray', blend. Don't attract too much negative attention to yourself. They might not care what your excuse is...

Good luck bud!

I think you would be more likely to get shot by security forces rather than make a $100k these days :)

Crotalus Atrox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ahhh... the Welsh!

He has no weapons. You do not you deadly force against someone who has no weapons... Tard!

Feck off crow!

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Ahhh... the Welsh!

He has no weapons. You do not you deadly force against someone who has no weapons... Tard!

Feck off crow!

US Police regularly do ... you bellend.

"In the first six months of this year, 27 unarmed people had been fatally shot by police, compared with 34 for the same period in 2016 and 50 in the first six months of 2015."

Crotalus Atrox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
And where is buddy right now? Read it again, for the first time... SLAG!

Yeah, I do find myself more relaxed when I leave this country though; I'll give you that. Chicago is crazy town (deadliest)... LA, you can have it! NY takes hours to get into and out of. The cops are totally militarized and we do live in a police state. 'Shoot first, ask questions later'... Going to get worse; all the more reason to ditch while you can...

I wrote that little piece to be funny and encouraging...