a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kit- gear- equipment

176607Mick

Unregistered
Yes, funny, was approached by DoS guys in Mog. For chatting elsewhere

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
This is Big, if it comes to fruition. With the numbers below, I'd imagine filling those slots with quality would up the pay:

"Under the proposal, 5,500 private contractors, primarily former Special Operations troops, would advise Afghan combat forces. The plan also includes a 90-plane private air force that would provide air support in the nearly 16-year-old war against Taliban insurgents, Erik Prince, founder of the Blackwater (Sic) security firm, told USA TODAY." Credit to USA Today for this article.

176607Mick

Unregistered
This is Big, if it comes to fruition. With the numbers below, I'd imagine filling those slots with quality would up the pay:

"Under the proposal, 5,500 private contractors, primarily former Special Operations troops, would advise Afghan combat forces. The plan also includes a 90-plane private air force that would provide air support in the nearly 16-year-old war against Taliban insurgents, Erik Prince, founder of the Blackwater (Sic) security firm, told USA TODAY." Credit to USA Today for this article.

Prince is a dick. I wouldn't work for him again.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Blackwater,

A big no in my opinion. A cowboy attitude to security and dealing with the populace at large. Again a personal opinion.

Chas Former Director Basra Intl' Logistics Ltd in association with Waha Al- Farden- Basra-Iraq.

Years before that I was GM Gulf Security Co Kuwait and thereafter set up companies in the Far East for the Wackenhut Corp- Coral Gables.

176607Mick

Unregistered
I saw some videos how those guys behave in Iraq.... I mean that's kind of behavior directly created some of ISIS members.

Mick , did you been involved in some operations like this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNpDM-enLw

I ran the biggest maritime security out there between 2008-2013. I spent 8 years in Iraq. I work for EP in South Sudan training their army. If anyone within 20 feet of me acted in such a way I would've put them on the next plane home.

176607Mick

Unregistered
I ran the biggest maritime security out there between 2008-2013. I spent 8 years in Iraq. I work for EP in South Sudan training their army. If anyone within 20 feet of me acted in such a way I would've put them on the next plane home.

On another note, I don't like to talk about the work I do. If you want to know something please contact me via other means. Shukran Jazeerlan habibi

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
176607Mick,

maHaba, habibi kay fallak ? Tamam el hamdillah.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Make sure your boots are comfortable and that with socks you will not rub your heels.
In our personal kit (RMs' of my day called them a housewife) we kept darning and knitting material. We were trained to make and mend.

As for blisters:
(a) take a needle and sterilise over a flame.
(b) Prick side of blister to drain out fluid.
(c) Swab with iodine or betadine.
(d) Cover with plaster.
(e) Keep clean, change dressing to reduce chance of infection.

In my day you were put on a charge if you did not take care of your feet.

Another thing you may experience is webbing rub/burns. Surgical tape is the answer.
Good for webbing and sac DOS BURNS BELIEVE IT OR NOT IS LADIES PADS .

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
ef4f3d47d6ffe37615de88571be9a860.jpg
the best piece of kit that one can accompany with a good caisse crout

ah! you put a smile on my face mick!

Crotalus Atrox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Correct. Slip a jam rag between your arse cheeks with talc. Or use a draculas tea bag for bullet holes ha ha

So, THE Micks' favorite bit of kit is a piece of 'Tissue' (French word for cloth or fabric) off of grandmas' jam jar...
Hahahaha. I laughed about that one all night Mick, thank you...

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Correct. Slip a jam rag between your arse cheeks with talc. Or use a draculas tea bag for bullet holes ha ha[/QUOT

Tampons for bullet holes and condoms to cover your barrel with to keep out sand and trash, gives new meaning to shooting a load