[Joining] Joining with an associate degree

Irrespective of educational qualifications there will always be a need for boots on the ground. Obviously education can be a useful asset.

Papillon is correct, there is too much nonsense spouted on this forum.

Finally, highly qualified people will join certain units, even in the ranks if they perceive there to be certain mental and physical challenges. In my day and after, we had lawyers, chartered accountants, a vet and a dentist. Most went on to become officers. Some did not.

As for the FFL, even in this modern age, it is possible that highly educated people might wish to join for spiritual, arcane and personal reasons only known to them.

[QUOTE="Chas, post: 221333, member: 1143"
As for the FFL, even in this modern age, it is possible that highly educated people might wish to join for spiritual, arcane and personal reasons only known to them.[/QUOTE]
True, I graduated 2nd top of my literature class in high school from Victoria college a school built by her majesty Queen Victoria herself only in Australia, Egypt and some other Arab countries but initially in Egypt and Australia only. Then I went on to join the English literature department and will graduate in two months. Still, I want a military career and only the legion would offer me such a career.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
[QUOTE="Chas, post: 221333, member: 1143"
As for the FFL, even in this modern age, it is possible that highly educated people might wish to join for spiritual, arcane and personal reasons only known to them.
True, I graduated 2nd top of my literature class in high school from Victoria college a school built by her majesty Queen Victoria herself only in Australia, Egypt and some other Arab countries but initially in Egypt and Australia only. Then I went on to join the English literature department and will graduate in two months. Still, I want a military career and only the legion would offer me such a career.[/QUOTE]

May I take the opportunity to point out 1) the number of people who have joined the legion and gone on to become celebrities. 2) the number of celebrities who have joined the legion.
And lastly, not leastly the number of legionnaires who came up through the ranks to become officers. Lt Col. Tresti, an Italian born and bred who was my commanding officer after the Colonel Piquemal in 3 REI. Col Tresti did his corporal's course with one of the chef de section's, an adjudant chef.
If you want it, the legion has all the opportunities to achieve it.

For numbers 1 and 2, you have boards in the museum which have some of the more famous on them. As for the last one... well Andy (le corporal) will know of a few of his own.

Last edited:

USMCRET

well what about Lt. Frank's he had one of the most prestigious of degrees, he graduated from West Point, St. Cyr ring a bell? But, he was a touch suicidal and AWOL from the US Army at the time

On the subject of education I suggest some of you enroll on geography as something is preventing you getting to France and this may help you find it ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

On the subject of education I suggest some of you enroll on geography as something is preventing you getting to France and this may help you find it ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
conscription, need to finish it to legally leave the country or i get thrown in prison here and that makes la taule looks like a 5star hotel. With training and preparation for FFl selection, i'll be sent straight to Sinai to fight some jihadists and if i survive that in one piece i'll go to france then. They used to keep glasses off conscription but now they need all the cheap soldiers so they accept everyone. we get paid 10 euros per month i think to fight in sinai yaaay. If I surrender to conscription with a college degree there is a great chance I get 1 year only as a soldier or 3 as a lieutenant officer in reserves. If I drop out of college and surrender with high school diploma I get at least 2 to 3 years as a soldier and I lose my college degree which in turn will make it harder to become an officer in the legion if I manage to make it in. My best bet is to graduate college then wait and see. It is funny they would accept me as a conscript here to only pay me 10 euros per month but not as an enlisting soldier lol cz then they would have to pay 300 euros+ as starting salary.

Most viewed threads of the week