a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joette

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Sad news guys, Joette's daughter posted this on Facebook. For those who don't know her she is one of our top posters and adopted god mother of the forum.

It reads:

(Deep Breath, I never thought I was going to have to say this) Please Please keep my Precious Mama in your prayers. She had a stroke early Sunday morning, and is in ICU at GMH. It's looking like it will be a long road to recovery. Please lift her up in prayer and positive thoughts because she needs all she can get!

Wishing her a fast recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
I'm sorry to hear this I will pray for her I hope everything turns out well.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
We all know what time it is guys, it is time to put some energy out there for joette. I remember the first day joette came to the forum. For those of us who know her or do not, she is worthy of Susan Traverse status, THE ONLY WOMAN TO EVER HAVE SERVED IN THE LEGION. So all you out there, you know what to do. My deepest thoughts and individual prayer to the family and FLASH keep us posted, your recon now.

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Wishing her all the best and a speedy recovery, may she be in our hearts and prayers.

God bless.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
I will light a candle for her and add to my "shrine" , i am not a religious person, but i have a shrine, for my former Légionnaire buddies that are stricken with uncurable illness to whom i have a thought every day.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I'm really sorry to hear of Joette's illness. We're all thinking of Her during this time and hope Her recovery is a speedy one.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
I was shocked and saddened to see that post by her daughter today, really wishing Joette and her family the best right now and hoping she has a fast and strong recovery. I know it's possible having seen it before. Just sending them prayers and good energy. She's a great person and I still keep in touch with her from time to time.

Old Adj

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
We all know what time it is guys, it is time to put some energy out there for joette. I remember the first day joette came to the forum. For those of us who know her or do not, she is worthy of Susan Traverse status, THE ONLY WOMAN TO EVER HAVE SERVED IN THE LEGION. So all you out there, you know what to do. My deepest thoughts and individual prayer to the family and FLASH keep us posted, your recon now.

I'd like to send some positive vibes out there if only they could help Joette. But Mr 666, she isn't the only woman to ever have served in the Legion.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Flash,

Sad news indeed. Having personally helped her in the past will you please pass on my best wishes to her daughter. Joette remains in my prayers.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter. Hence I was unaware of the situation.

Yours aye,

Chas.

mammikoura

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
Hope she gets better soon! She is a strong woman, I'm sure she will win this fight too.
Wishing her a speedy recovery!

RadioTex

Crusty Caporal
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
My prayers go out to Joette and her family. She was fresh air when she was on the board.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
May she recover quickly, may God bless her family my prayers and thoughts are with them at this time.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Old adj,
Thank you, I was not aware of that. Good too know that then, very interesting, but thoughts and prayers to Joette.

Samtoo

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
The Tropic of Mexico...near Little Havana.
Home Country
United States
I'd like to send some positive vibes out there if only they could help Joette. But Mr 666, she isn't the only woman to ever have served in the Legion.
Served in the Legion would be a stretch... Serviced a Legion general would be more appropriate. Dwight Eisenhower had a bimbo driver too... rank has its privilege.

libertypo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
I've read this morning about Joette. Let's hope she'll had a speedy recovery.

S

Sarahlouise

Unregistered
Huge credit to a fellow female to come in here amongst all of the testosterone!! If I knew when I signed up what I know now chaps ;)
Obviously a well liked and respected lady for many here with how many posts under her belt?!!
Sending strength to all concerned plus cyber get well soon flowers, teddy and a balloon xx

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Served in the Legion would be a stretch.....serviced a Legion general would be more appropriate. Dwight Eisenhower had a bimbo driver too....rank has its privilege.
While not a badged legionnaire, we would be remiss without mentioning Geneviève de Galard who was awarded the Légion d'Honneur and the Croix de Guerre TOE. It was presented to her by the commander of Dien Bien Phu, General de Castries. The following day, during the celebration of Camerone, de Galard was made an honorary légionnaire de 1ère classe alongside Lieutenant Colonel Marcel Bigeard, the commander of the 6th Colonial Parachute Battalion.

Respectfully
Steve

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Hi guys, got an update for you.

When I went home Sunday, long enough to get my car, I packed Mama a bag of all her things she uses on a regular basis. Not thinking at the time, of the severity of the stroke. I have carried this bag around for days thinking she may need or want something from it. She has not really communicated well and you can't leave it ICU.... Daddy joked with me and said. “You and that bagâ€￾ lol I am overwhelmed with joy today. She got her own room and finally out of ICU a lot quicker than we expected. So guess what? I can bring in her bag. She is trying to communicate better and she did really well in therapy. I know it's a long way to go but I will take it!!! Yeah, I let Daddy carry the bag lol. Thank you all for the outpouring of love for my sweet Mama! You all have really touched my heart, you have no idea how much I appreciate every one of you! Keep praying! We got to get her back on her feet. I love you all!!

Told you she was a fighter. Anyhow guys it's better news than last time.