Joette

Mise

Hyper Active Member
So sorry to hear this news and I didn't know her husband had passed away also. My thoughts to Andrea on the loss of both her parents

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Hi guys, got this from my Facebook.

Tomorrow will be 8 months since, what I thought, was the worst day of my life, Mom's stroke. That being said these 8 months my family has endured more heartache that we ever thought we could live through. After Daddy had his very unexpected heart attack and passed away on Memorial day, Mom was doing as well as expected, still recovering. A few weeks after we were home, she went downhill again and we were back at the hospital for what we thought was another stroke. We were wrong. On June 9th she was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer. It had metastasized to the brain, kidney and lymph nodes. We were devastated. One of the tumors in the brain is what caused the stroke in March.
That being said, she was not a candidate for chemo, so hospice was called in. For the last 3 months we have had great days and some pretty ugly ones too. Bless her heart, she fought this terrible disease, so hard, with with true dignity. Jessica Blitch, Adrian M Blitch, Travis Pilgrim and myself did everything to make sure she had the best care possible and we never left her side. Unfortunately her body couldn't fight the fight any longer and she went to Heaven to be with my precious Daddy, Monday October the 6th at 7:29 pm. She passed peacefully in her home surrounded by the 4 of us. No more pain and suffering!
We had an awesome hospice team who I now consider my own family. Missy Reid Cantrell and Doris Cooper-Wilson, you're never going to get rid of me. Rose Stepp Michelle Brown White and Jessica Balch Hamilton Travis Cannon I have absolutely no idea what we would have done with you all. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and I forever love each and every one of you! Also thank you everyone for the continued support and love you have shown my precious family. I am overwhelmed once again at how much you all have taken the time to show you truly care. I have been so blessed to have such wonderful caring people in my life and for that I will be forever grateful!! Now it is time to pick up the pieces and start our new beginning. Rest in Peace Mama and Daddy! I love you, and will see you again soon!!!

Most viewed threads of the week