a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IQ test

Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
Before getting back on track with the thread, I'd like to share this with you:

"Options include losing up to 10,000 soldiers from the regular Army's notional strength of 82,000 in order to help fund its modernisation."

This means that there will be more competition to getting in. However cutting troops on the ground, is not a good idea.

You can have your smartest public school boy that you like, but in end the the jankers isn't fussy. Those pots in the field have to be cleaned ;).

Which brings me back to the title of the thread IQ test. I'm working on my second part at the moment.đź‘Ź (that is clapping)
"enough soldiers to hold a small town" maybe the Brigadier has watched too much Zulu ?

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
I'm not sure that i agree with your odds, but no matter. The fact that you will be coming from such a long way away, is an advantage, as is the fact that most Kiwis do well for themselves in the legion.
Thanks for clarifying the pass rate Rashisan.
One thing that is worth noting is the higher the score, the more available the courses. For example you will be noted noted out of 20, You need to have (I think) at least 8 to be in the legion. For certain courses you have to have an above average IQ, such as medic & transmission. You may say to yourself that you don't fancy being a medic or a radio Op. I would recommend that you take every course that you can get.

About this score, its from both of the IQ test(You`ve mentioned) or are like one IQ test for bleu AND a specific test on rouge or both done it in bleu?

Say you end up with this high scores, thats courses are made right after you choose you regiment or when it opens vacancy?

(I know, getting ahead of myself here. Im really just curious)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Oliverpaul,

You will have two IQ tests, one around the same time as you so your first set of pull-ups, basically to see if you are fit enough to get your foot in the door. One is to see if you are physically fit enough to go on to doing the real pull ups test which requires a minimum of 7.
The other is the IQ test, this is to see if you are too dumb to even try for the true evaluation test. There is no point in the legion wasting good food on someone who is not going to pass the minimum requirements.
When a certain course comes up and you have made it known to your 'chef de section'(platoon commander), or to the captain of the company (CDU) that you are interested in that branch, they will look at the results of your IQ test if it is something which requires a higher than average IQ such as company clerk.