a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi everyone I'm a non commission officer of the us army of 11 years airborne infantry I have multiple deployments over seas and many schools looking at the legion as a option look forward to learning more and hearing from all you guys on here

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello Chaos and welcome to the forum. 11 years army, that will put you in your early 30s. Time isn't on your side, but if it is your new goal then go for it.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Hi everyone I'm a non commission officer of the us army of 11 years airborne infantry I have multiple deployments over seas and many schools looking at the legion as a option look forward to learning more and hearing from all you guys on here
I would think that you would have a very tough time starting from scratch. Just imagine a 20+ year old Caporal telling you how to wipe your nose.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Welcome their is a life for us all after the military why not explore that as you could be very disappointed I would have thought PMC work would have been more rewarding from lifestyle to wages.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have been out for 2 years now completed college and work a really good paying job just a little hard to adjust and really bored and on the pmc thing I'm in the final stages of hiring right now I just always try to have a backup plan

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'm 33 I still run everyday and work out it's ingrained in me

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
That's great, now you have to prove to the cadre that you can take orders and that you can fit in with the rest of your squad who will be 'commis' and 'rag heads' including Iraqs, Afghans and anyone else who the US is at war with at the time. Hell, got dammit, there may even be some gooks, and I'll be darned -Africans.
You will have no rank and no-one will be particularly interested in what you have to say.
Can you hold up?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yea for 2 years a training accident sent me back to regular airborne

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That's great, now you have to prove to the cadre that you can take orders and that you can fit in with the rest of your squad who will be 'commis' and 'rag heads' including Iraqs, Afghans and anyone else who the US is at war with at the time. Hell, got dammit, there may even be some gooks, and I'll be darned -Africans.
You will have no rank and no-one will be particularly interested in what you have to say.
Can you hold up?
Yea I think things are better shown thru action. talk is just air. and in hardship peoples real character comes out

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That was the reason I got sent back to the regular army and still did a few more deployments no problems

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
That was the reason I got sent back to the regular army and still did a few more deployments no problems
not being critical but you will have to see how the Legion view it.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yea everything I can find just pretty much states if your not still in pain now movement problems but that's probably more for broken bones

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yea everything I can find just pretty much states if your not still in pain now movement problems but that's probably more for broken bones
yes but look at what the spleen does. you might not be able to operate in some Environments. Imagine if you´re on a long patrol in the Jungle. lots of Bacteria or even Africa. However as i said i do not know what the doctors will say. Maybe you will be OK.