Introduction

valver

Home Country
Greece
Hello everyone, I'm a 24 year-old University student (about to graduate) and I feel like joining the Legion. First, though, I'll have to fulfill my 9 month duty (special forces, I hope paratroopers) to my country's army. I am an introvert (i like reading books, playing pc games and learning languages) and i hate consuming,pointless lifestyle(bying things for the sake of it). Also my health is stellar and my fitness is passable(35-40 max push ups, 4 sets of 6-7 pull ups, not so much aerobic but it certainly can be fixed). My familliarity with guns is non-existent but i take an interest in weapon systems(MBTs, IFVs, APCs, ATGMs etc.) and i wanna learn more.
I have B2 certificates at English, Chinese and Turkish plus my University certificate.Do you think i ll be discriminated against?(both from candidates and evaluators-the former will see me as a nerd and the latter as someone who can desert anytime for a desk job).
Ah, also i do not have a criminal record. Whats your opinion about my chances guys?

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Home Country
England
Hey man, welcome to the forum! I never went to college never mind university so what's a B2 certificate? Is it good? Couldn't you get a well paid job with your qualifications?

I wish you the best if you try to join but why do you want to join the Legion, if you don't mind me asking?

SnafuSmite

Ratings
193 1
Home Country
South Africa
Welcome to the forum, greens and reds will give you the advice you need as well as certain blues that are ex-military. Knocking on the big door is the only way you'll know for sure!

Rapace

Ratings
280 2 1
Home Country
France
Hello,
What are the reason(s), objective(s), expectation(s) for joining the Legion, instead of serving in your country's army (beyond the compulsory 9 months)?

maccbot

Home Country
Canada
Gerçekten, dil bilgin yeterince kullanışlı. Öyle tuhaf biri olduğunuda düşünmüyorum. İyi gelirli bir iş senin için zor değil. Sebep nedir? İlk seçenek ailevi olaylar. Geri kalan rehavet ve teferruattan ibaret çünkü...

Rapace

Ratings
280 2 1
Home Country
France
Gerçekten, dil bilgin yeterince kullanışlı. Öyle tuhaf biri olduğunuda düşünmüyorum. İyi gelirli bir iş senin için zor değil. Sebep nedir? İlk seçenek ailevi olaylar. Geri kalan rehavet ve teferruattan ibaret çünkü...

Ahem... Sorry if this is a disappointment to you, but I doubt many people can understand Turkish on this forum...
So I would suggest you to reformulate in English (or in French and I'll translate) if your objective is to convey a message comprehensible to the majority. :)

maccbot

Home Country
Canada
Oops, sorry about that. My English is "not that" good but this is a single moment that I have to involve my self because of the situation. I may found myself a friend before going to the ffl but I'm sorry this will not happen again.

valver

Home Country
Greece
Hey man, welcome to the forum! I never went to college never mind university so what's a B2 certificate? Is it good? Couldn't you get a well paid job with your qualifications? (...)
Hi Cernunnos, a B2 certificate represents a somewhat advanced knowledge of the language but not perfect (next level is C1-you are fluent and pretty confident using the language. C2 is the peak and you can teach it competently). I could find a job (making around 500-700 euros) but the thing is i hate teaching [emoji20].
I wanna join cause I would find a purpose beyond individualistic goals (i do not judge society but this style isn’t cut for me). Thanks for the welcoming.
Hello Maccbot, I suppose you are Turkish. That’s right, at least a middle income job is viable. As i said though i want to join something bigger than me. Greek army is not an option because:
1. They don’t fight;
2. It is hard to join nowadays;
3. I like travelling and seeing the reality of the world (not social media, not hedonistic hangovers).

I think I should try (July probably).

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Home Country
England
Ahem... Sorry if this is a disappointment to you, but I doubt many people can understand Turkish on this forum...
So I would suggest you to reformulate in English (or in French and I'll translate) if your objective is to convey a message comprehensible to the majority. :)
Quick translate for you and everybody else.

Indeed, language knowledge is handy enough. I do not think it's a strange person. A good income job is not hard for you. What is the reason? The first option is family events. It's the rest of me and from details because ...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
660 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Ä° think the best option is waiting for Christmas.
Hi maccbot and welcome to the forum. What makes you think that the Christmas, late December. is the best time? I'm not disagreeing just curious.
I would like to add though that just before Christmas is a go slow period in the legion, but after that, yea why not?

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Home Country
England
Hi maccbot and welcome to the forum. What makes you think that the Christmas, late December. is the best time? I'm not disagreeing just curious.
I would like to add though that just before Christmas is a go slow period in the legion, but after that, yea why not?
I am going at that time to take advantage of some people wanting to spend one last Christmas with the family or friends.
I know that if the Legion wants me then the Legion will take me but I want to take every advantage I can to ensure I get in.
I imagine he has the same idea.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
660 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
I am going at that time to take advantage of some people wanting to spend one last Christmas with the family or friends.
I know that if the Legion wants me then the Legion will take me but I want to take every advantage I can to ensure I get in.
Cernunnos, if I was a recruiter I would really appreciate that kind of attitude. I'd even go as far as to advise you to say that you want your next Christmas to be in the legion in your regiment.

Like it: chapeau bas!

maccbot

Home Country
Canada
Yeap. You are correct. Ä°ts not the most "honorable" thing that people do but life itself is a challenge. Besides, ffl dont need just muscles and eyes. Ä°ve got brain too.

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom