a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction

Colton5566

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Another American planning on joining the Legion if my waivers with the Marine Corps do not go through. There's not much here in the States for me to want to stick around. I found the Legion and have had the bug since. I hope to be leaving late 2018 early 2019 if my situation with the USMC goes South thanks for having me.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Welcome to the forum. Either way, Legion or Marines, both are tough so train hard.

Colton5566

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Appreciate the quick responses everyone
I train as hard as my schedule allows
Averaging around 25 miles of running a week
I hear the Legion and Usmc is known for lots of running so I focus my energy there the most No Pain No Gain :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Colton5566,

Welcome to the forum and good luck. Pay attention to those whose names are in Green.

" When I tell you to jump, you jump but don't ask how high."

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
Welcome to the forum, and try to at least double that running length and don't forget to change speed regularly because when you run with other people you have to constantly adjust to their tempo.

Colton5566

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Good to know I will increase my mileage every week or 2 until I'm up to 50 and I do speed interval training as well to increase speed I can run 3 miles at a 6:30 pace hopefully I'll have that below 6 before I head out to basic or selection
And I will pay attention to the greens thanks again

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Another American planning on joining the Legion if my waivers with the Marine Corps do not go through. There's not much here in the States for me to want to stick around. I found the Legion and have had the bug since. I hope to be leaving late 2018 early 2019 if my situation with the USMC goes South thanks for having me.

welcome and good luck!

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Appreciate the quick responses everyone
I train as hard as my schedule allows
Averaging around 25 miles of running a week
I hear the Legion and Usmc is known for lots of running so I focus my energy there the most No Pain No Gain :)

Either way you go, you will run. In the Marine Corps no runs are shorter than three mile, three mile runs are the PFT Runs, all others 4, 5, 6....miles

Good luck either way and as a Marine I mean it, Corps or Legion, both are damned fine militaries.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Colton5566,

Welcome to the forum and good luck. Pay attention to those whose names are in Green.

" When I tell you to jump, you jump but don't ask how high."

Sage advice and wisdom

Colton5566

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Update.
I have started working out with all the poolees and will be starting my waiver process in the next few months I just need to finish highschool first still don't know how it will go but either way I am content joining the Marine corps or Legion but the Lance Corporal at my recruiting office says I'm one of most fit people he's seen in months and that I'm very helpful to all the poolees and that he will help me any way he can in regards to my waivers thanks again for all the responses and advice it's appreciated greatly

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Sorry to say, A Lance Corporal cannot help you with the waiver process. I wish you luck and I hope you are given the opportunity. To many are denied the opportunity at a shot at becoming a Marine.

Colton5566

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yes I understand a lance Corporal does not have the power to help me get my waivers approved but if he puts in a good word with my recruiter maybe it will help my cause i hope to have the chance to become a Marine if not so be it my choices have caused the situation i am in and I accept the decision the Marine corps makes in regards to my waiver