a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Introduction and Medical Exam Question

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi all,

Thanks for the approval to join. My name is Christian and I’m a wildland firefighter in the USA. I’ve made my mind up on heading out and joining the Legion after this upcoming fire season. I’m curious about the medical exam. Are any x-rays performed? If so, what do they cover? Thanks again.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
X-rays see anything metal or bone related yes? Your specific question implies you have something worth hiding. What is it?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Well, Christian is my middle name and I’m definitely not from Minnesota so I guess I’m ok so far. Are you in the French Foreign Legion?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
From what I understand, it is simply a medical exam like the one you would take at MEPS in the US. Just a longer duration. Joseph Cosgrove will probably be the one who gives you the best information on the subject, save for someone who is in now.

Good luck, I wish you well.

Ah, and no.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello ChristianMN and welcome to the forum.
You will definitely have a chest x-ray, which will check out your lungs, rib cage etc. After that it will be if there are any scars etc.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Ive had this inguinal hernia since infancy , I haven't had any problems with it, I'll like to know if ill be turned out during the medical screening testView attachment 5104
Hello ADuene James,

It's always best to start with an introduction about yourself on a new post/threads., before asking questions.
The attachment can't be opened, however pleeasse tell me that it's not a photo of your hernia o_O .The thing to remember is that we are not doctors and although it's a long way to go for you, there is only one way to find out.