Indonesian Dream of Joining

Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
So if I was to tell them I am shooting for NCO would that help my chances?

Slightly off topic but what is the highest rank you can reach while still seeing combat?
I understand that in the British Army, after the rank of Second Lieutenant you aren't really allowed to get stuck in (at least that was what I was told).
Cernunnos,

Whoever advised you that Subalterns and above were not allowed to get stuck in, is in military parlance, talking crap. It is the job of junior officers and up to field rank to get stuck in ably assisted by their senior and junior NCOs'.

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Home Country
England
Cernunnos,

Whoever advised you that Subalterns and above were not allowed to get stuck in, is in military parlance, talking crap. It is the job of junior officers and up to field rank to get stuck in ably assisted by their senior and junior NCOs'.
Thanks Chas, you have no idea how relieved I am to hear that.
Now I can aim for NCO without worrying about getting stuck behind a desk.

USMCRET

Ratings
135 2 5
Home Country
United States
So if I was to tell them I am shooting for NCO would that help my chances?

Slightly off topic but what is the highest rank you can reach while still seeing combat?
I understand that in the British Army, after the rank of Second Lieutenant you aren't really allowed to get stuck in (at least that was what I was told).
Do you think a Mortar Round, a bullet, a rocket, or an IED can tell rank? They are all indiscriminant killers. Have you ever heard "you lead from the Front?"

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom