Indonesian Dream of Joining

Raganorok,

All the vey best. Stay the grey man. Obey all orders cheerfully and with alacrity however boring. Don't get into fights even if provoked.

Demonstrate grit and determination. When possible let us know how you get on.

Finally all the very best and good luck.

PS Maybe Dusaboss will join you.

Raganorok,

All the vey best. Stay the grey man. Obey all orders cheerfully and with alacrity however boring. Don't get into fights even if provoked.

Will do, thank you very much Chas.

Can't believe I started my journey last year and I'll be there next week.

Raganorok,

He'll maybe bump into Auroris56, look out for the :cool: guy that's talking about cornholing and Krav Maga!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Raganorok,

I hope he will !

bro Im also an Indonesian, have you joined up yet? still in college, hope to join after graduating
I did came to Aubagne but didn't pass the comission selection to rouge.

Hello Ragnarok. I hope we can meet as friend if you still in Indonesia right now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
I'm coming back to Indonesia soon, we can meet up if you're somewhere from Jakarta too.

I did came to Aubagne but didn't pass the comission selection to rouge.

I'm coming back to Indonesia soon, we can meet up if you're somewhere from Jakarta too.
Why do you think they didn't take you? How many guys made it to the commission with you and how many passed? Based on the guys who passed what do you think the commission was looking for? How was your time in selection?

Why do you think they didn't take you? How many guys made it to the commission with you and how many passed? Based on the guys who passed what do you think the commission was looking for? How was your time in selection?
It was like, out of 40 guys, 10 didn't make it. The commission seems like they are looking for someone who says they want to stay 10 or 15 years. I did say an honest answer, 5 years BUT if I do enjoy the Legion, I'll stay longer. If not, I finished my first contract. Some lied about their plan of staying in for 10-15 years, but their real plan was only after they finish the basic training.
My time in Blue feels like some thinks they are badasses or strong, a 39 years old Italian with good discipline suddenly disappeared the day before commission. Gonna miss him though.

My time in selection was mostly waiting. If you sit down doing nothing, you'll fall asleep. Lots of them try to find a nice hiding spot to sleep, even the rouge. Last week in Blue, we got a different caporal-chef, more strict and usually patrol the Blue Paradise and sent a blue home for sleeping. Overall, I enjoyed the corvées, the food, and friends I made there.

So do you think the 39 yr old would have made it through the commission selection? Were there many guys over 30? Sorry to hear you didn't make it man

Cernunnos

Pro Member
It was like, out of 40 guys, 10 didn't make it. The comission seems like they are looking for someone who says they want to stay 10 or 15 years. I did say an honest answer, 5 years BUT if I do enjoy the Legion, I'll stay longer. If not, I finished my first contract.
Some lied about their plan of staying in for 10-15 years, but their real plan was only after they finish the basic training.
So if I was to tell them I am shooting for NCO would that help my chances?

Slightly off topic but what is the highest rank you can reach while still seeing combat?
I understand that in the British Army, after the rank of Second Lieutenant you aren't really allowed to get stuck in (at least that was what I was told).

So do you think the 39 yr old would have made it through the commission selection? Were there many guys over 30? Sorry to hear you didn't make it man
I believe he will. He was determined to stay and he was also an ex Italian paratrooper. Always exercise during his freetime and never show any kind of negativity towards the others and the Legion.

So if I was to tell them I am shooting for NCO would that help my chances?

Slightly off topic but what is the highest rank you can reach while still seeing combat?
I understand that in the British Army, after the rank of Second Lieutenant you aren't really allowed to get stuck in (at least that was what I was told).
You probably have better chances if you can explain to them in short as to why you plan to stay longer in the Legion. I'm not sure about that, probably when you reach Adjudant, after Sergent-Chef. Les Anciens probably know this more than me.

Any clue what happened to the 39 year old guy? Was he pulled from selection for some reason or did he request to leave? Sounds like he would have probably had a chance to be selected...odd to leave the day before the commission.

Any clue what happened to the 39 year old guy? Was he pulled from selection for some reason or did he request to leave? Sounds like he would have probably had a chance to be selected...odd to leave the day before the commission.
That's the problem, no one had any clue. He can't speak any other language except his own.

Probably got pulled from selection. I just wish him good luck in life.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Plateu (and others) what does that avatar mean? I saw 3 or 4 guys on this forum using it. What's so cool about it? I get it. It's one of offered generic avatars, but there is also many others which look much better. Why so many people choose that one? Do not mind , I'm just curious ;).

Plateu (and others) what does that avatar mean? I saw 3 or 4 guys on this forum using it. What's so cool about it? I get it. It's one of offered generic avatars, but there is also many others which look much better. Why so many people choose that one? Do not mind , I'm just curious ;).
I dunno bro. Hehe. I just picked it at random.

Most viewed threads of the week