a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Service our Friend

He’s doing well, growing each day in the Legion

• Total voters

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Our friend in service for two weeks now. Love the #USA

Attachments

• 10230DE8-C3E7-4D05-AFED-6F3A8C2E7620.jpeg
    10230DE8-C3E7-4D05-AFED-6F3A8C2E7620.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I know he upset a few people on here with his comments/attitude but hope the guy is well !

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yeah, but you said. "Our friend in service for two weeks now.". You mean he have 2 more weeks until end of contract?
No Dusa, two weeks into I believe it is Vigipirate. Almost 5 full years in service and he will re-enlist for more. So, he is close to starting his 6th year of service. You need to get going Dusa, the sand in the hour glass is running out on you, go and get it done.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
No Dusa, two weeks into I believe it is Vigipirate. Almost 5 full years in service and he will re-enlist for more. So, he is close to starting his 6th year of service. You need to get going Dusa, the sand in the hour glass is running out on you, go and get it done.
so what rank is he Cpl?

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
so what rank is he Cpl?
Caporal, when he finishes this, he has stage to attend for CCh, as I understand it. So at nearly 5 years service he is doing quite well, never once in Legion Jail. I know some consider it a badge of honor, the Caporal does not and neither do I. Especially, when it comes to converting to one’s given name and a hope at citizenship.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Caporal, when he finishes this, he has stage to attend for CCh, as I understand it. So at nearly 5 years service he is doing quite well, never once in Legion Jail. I know some consider it a badge of honor, the Caporal does not and neither do I. Especially, when it comes to converting to one’s given name and a hope at citizenship.
so was his comments on here and other places(i won´t name) just banter or has the Legion moulded him? it must have changed him because if as you say he will sign on again and given that the Legion let him.
I know he can´t speak for himself as he is banned.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
so was his comments on here and other places(i won´t name) just banter or has the Legion moulded him? it must have changed him because if as you say he will sign on again and given that the Legion let him.

I think one of the most important things to remember here is no matter what Service you are in USMC, the Legion, UK it always changes and the same tradition is always carried forward from one generation to the next. Finally, all of us whom have served know we are all Alphas and there is always varied opinions far different than on remembers as “Back in My Day.” Well, it is not our day anymore

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Look, I am good friends with the Caporal and he is doing quite well and serving. He is a Brother to all of us especially those whom has served, and no one should want to disparage another who has served, Dusa on the other hand, he is free game, that is until his feet are in the yellow footprints

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I think one of the most important things to remember here is no matter what Service you are in USMC, the Legion, UK it always changes and the same tradition is always carried forward from one generation to the next. Finally, all of us whom have served know we are all Alphas and there is always varied opinions far different than on remembers as “Back in My Day.” Well, it is not our day anymore
yes i get that but i think he has matured.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusa on the other hand, he is free game, that is until his feet are in the yellow footprints
no dusa is ok and his soft lilly white @ss is only mine ;) . I remember their disagreements on here but it should be forgotten now.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I think so too...(bring him back)... on trial
For a scrawny wee chunt , he had a Big gub...
His, almost totally body covered ,by tatoos...
Proves his extravertance and out to prove himself
Tooth ache or a misérable child hood, or some thing?
Might be Serbe, who knows?
Hopefully, after, almost, 5 years service...the Légion has brought some sense
I wish for him, its true
Other, him and Oleg...who the fuque can post us with updates,on how the La Légion works today..?
Post Shitum
Nowadays, the rank of Caporal chef, IS in the bottom of your kit bag at Aubagne..discipline or note de gueule ?Has its importance
N'est pas, Joe and Mark ?
Post Shitum Extra
I was busted twice ..might explain one day
In the mean time, enjoy your carear

Last edited:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
No not banter, just blunt, from my perspective. But has the Legion molded him, yes to an extent, they never tamed the spirit and that is important. We all age and grow wiser.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
In the French military and the Legion in particular, there is an 'expression' - for want of a better word - mauvais esprit which translates word for word, bad spirit = bad attitude. The fact that he has signed on again I would think that it had more to do with his goal of getting his French nationality, than actually being proud to serve the Legion.
He did not have one good word of encouragement to those who were going to serve. If anyone is interested, look up his name, then click on his logo, underneath you will see 'messages'. Not really worth the read, but in case you are interested.
Matured? He joined at 30 odd years old.
As for him passing Cch, there is no course per se. When he has three years of rank as a Cch, he can be considered to go on his ( the name escapes me for the moment) which is a concours or contest. When I went on mine, we were 181 (of which 24 were from the REP) for only 80 places. We were 11 to have passed from the REP. It means that once you have 15 years service you can wear a kepi noir.
With DCXLVI being in a more relaxed regiment and in a support company, his rank of Cch will not stand for much. It will mean less corvées is all. Because yes, in the support company, as a caporal he will be doing corvées the same as a legionnaire 2nd classe in a combat company.
For those of you who join and see the greener grass in the support company: knocking off at regular hours, doing lots less service such as guard duties, going out on field exercise 'perhaps' twice a year. Most weekends off. It's worth noting that once you are in there, than you can practically say good bye to any OPEXs. DCXLVI's highlights are now wandering around the streets of some city in France.