a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm soooooo proud!!!!!

RMD

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
I'm just back from a month in Poland, my oldest decided to move over there for acouple of yrs after she fell in love with it on a holiday. Must admit I didnt want to come home after 4wks, she's in Warsaw and its certainly a beautiful place, although the lingo is very hard to understand! I'll admit I had no trouble ordering a beer or a shot of vodka ha!
She has asked me if I'd be interested in moving over there & I'm finding myself seriously thinking about it.

Bags ; D

I never got the chance to see Poland or Warsaw whilst I was in Europe. Always wanted to see the "old" buildings, knowing that they're really only little more than a half century old. Heard the language is a mouthful too. Hope your youngin' finds happiness or whatever she's looking for over there old Bags.

Jefferson'86

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'm just back from a month in Poland, my oldest decided to move over there for acouple of yrs after she fell in love with it on a holiday. Must admit I didnt want to come home after 4wks, she's in Warsaw and its certainly a beautiful place, although the lingo is very hard to understand! I'll admit I had no trouble ordering a beer or a shot of vodka ha!
She has asked me if I'd be interested in moving over there & I'm finding myself seriously thinking about it.

Bags ; D

Is she still driving U Boats for the Merch? Can she say 'LEFT FULL RUDDER' in Italian?

Poland? go there in January before you make up your mind on moving there....

Good to see you back...

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thank you everyone for the replies, I know I've not been posting(I can soooo hear the big sighs of relief guys!!! Ha! ) but I do pop my head in to read up on how everyone is doing.

Bags :D

mac

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
England
Go for it bags and your good offspring,
genetics is genetics no doubt about it my son is doing well so far, in the medic corps britsh army (nobody is perfect present company excepted!!)if he was a real man he would have gone FFL!!! lol

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Go for it bags and your good offspring,
genetics is genetics no doubt about it my son is doing well so far, in the medic corps britsh army (nobody is perfect present company excepted!!)if he was a real man he would have gone FFL!!! lol

Awwww that's great news about your son Mac, for all your huffing & puffing about him joining the the British Army....bet your well proud of him hey and guess what....if you take a funny turn with you getting on now...(cough) he'd be very handy to have around to revive you ;-)

Bags :-D

Last edited:

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Update on my daughter's Merchant Navy career. Well she's back off to college for 3/4 months in April 2016 to do her Chief Officers course, if she passes it her next promotion will be to Chief Officer so she'll side step the First Officer rank. She works on the Chemical tankers and is away for 3 months at a time(rather her then me like!), she has a damn hard job which also consists of working in a predominantly male environment. I'm so proud of her...not bad for a 26yr old woman...

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
wow, we congratulate you and your daughter. this is a very important point in your life !!!
Sorry mate I see this is your first post. But this thread is 4 years old....why dont you introduce yourself on the new members thread?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Nations
Sorry mate I see this is your first post. But this thread is 4 years old....why dont you introduce yourself on the new members thread?

I honestly did not even pay attention to how old the topic is. sorry if I did something wrong. I will certainly tell you about myself today.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Foura,

Please don't worry and welcome to the forum. :)

You have given me a wake-up call, since by perusing the posts it is sad to see so many Greens who no longer contribute. All are sadly missed with the exception of Martin Scott who made totally false claims about his Legion service and was (in my opinion) a deserter, now reduced to obloquy.

We need more Greens and that is a fact.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Four year-old?! You must have special maths in South Africa :unsure: ? In my world, 2018 – 2011 = 7 years... :D
Anyway, has Chas said, reviving such old threads helps us remember some previous members, including those who left us forever...

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Four year-old?! You must have special maths in South Africa :unsure: ? In my world, 2018 – 2011 = 7 years... :D
Anyway, has Chas said, reviving such old threads helps us remember some previous members, including those who left us forever...
Our maths is haunted by our colonial past :p... I was looking at the second to last post from January 2014. Numbers are a bugger up, I keep on running out of fingers! :unsure: o_O

Dan98

Reaction score
Home Country
El Salvador

Did he ever mention why he chose "gatorojo" (redcat in Spanish) for his username?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Foura,

Please don't worry and welcome to the forum. :)

You have given me a wake-up call, since by perusing the posts it is sad to see so many Greens who no longer contribute. All are sadly missed with the exception of Martin Scott who made totally false claims about his Legion service and was (in my opinion) a deserter, now reduced to obloquy.

We need more Greens and that is a fact.
Scott was never even in and has NO Matricule. Every time I come on here people go through boxes of tissues and cry and moan about what I post. As if you are going to get the skinny on the Legion from guys who served 20+ more years ago... Delusional.
Anyone remember when BeauSheep was here and turned out he deserted 2 REP? [EDITED] Let private stories remain private.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I knew all about Beausheep. Irrespective of his Legion service he was honest. He was stranded in Europe after leaving the FFL. I took a chance on repatriating him to the UK. Once in work he immediately refunded me. I know nothing about him now but believe he went to work in Canada for the fires services. He had a fund of amusing stories.
Prior to the FFL he had served in the RM and honoured his time. He joined the FFL out of a sense of adventure.

Last edited: