a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm soooooo proud!!!!!

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Had THE greatest news at 12.20pm today!!!!!!!!! my daughter passed her final oral exam this morning and is now a fully qualified Deck Officer in the Merchant Navy!! there is only a 40% pass rate as the exam covers the whole of her 2yr & 3months course!!! and she passed it!! I'm just so proud of her....The Merchant Navy is very much a male orientated career and women have to really prove themselves 100% in order to be accepted, she's poured blood(literally!!) sweat(gallons!) and tears(only one or two..) to get where she is today...all I can say is.....That's my girl!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to share it with you

Bags x

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Fantastic and I bet she looks fantastic in 'deck whites' or tropical rig.;)

belabok

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Geesh the ladies corner is busy today..!!

Congrats on your daughter achievements..!

Tonyus

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Congratulations to both of you.

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thank you everyone for the congrats s she's just started her first job as a second officer...and if you lot think I'm a bitch...lol you've not met her!! ;)

Bags :D

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'm just back from a month in Poland, my oldest decided to move over there for acouple of yrs after she fell in love with it on a holiday. Must admit I didnt want to come home after 4wks, she's in Warsaw and its certainly a beautiful place, although the lingo is very hard to understand! I'll admit I had no trouble ordering a beer or a shot of vodka ha!
She has asked me if I'd be interested in moving over there & I'm finding myself seriously thinking about it.

Bags ; D

Last edited:

Samtoo

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
The Tropic of Mexico...near Little Havana.
Home Country
United States
I'm just back from a month in Poland, my oldest decided to move over there for acouple of yrs after she fell in love with it on a holiday. Must admit I didnt want to come home after 4wks, she's in Warsaw and its certainly a beautiful place, although the lingo is very hard to understand! I'll admit I had no trouble ordering a beer or a shot of vodka ha!
She has asked me if I'd be interested in moving over there & I'm finding myself seriously thinking about it.

Bags ; D

I am glad to see your ban has been lifted or you finally chewed through the duct tape. Whatever it was, I missed your 'dodgy' film reviews. The Manchester bootlegs are taken by thugs with handheld DVD recorders in the audience...Hialeah bootlegs are copied from the projection room. No cell phones ringing, dumb comments or popcorn crunching during the film. Dont live in Poland....it's full of Pollocks!