I'm back.

Well, I was here in '09 on my third attempt to join( 96,97,09). I hope there aren't as many basement dwelling manbitch trolls talking shit to everyone as before. I'm going for my fourth attempt next month now at 38 soon to be 39. I'm not going to ask a bunch of questions I've been reading about the Legion since I was 6 years old. Just wondering what I wear since there are now flights available from Boston to Marseilles now and plan on spending a few days there before taking the bus to Aubagne. Hope all of you are well.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Better go das before that, If you hope to get in the circulation of the flow. XMAS in the legion is taken very seriously and lots will be happening. PLD the day after, too. 1RE will be barebones and empty. So you better goat least4 days before.Otherwise you might be waiting to get in AFTER the new years. Goodluck. I joined at 34 years old, third try and got in. It can be done. Go get em dude!.

Cool, what's the weather like that time of year? I'm only bringing a back pack and a jacket.
Supposedly, it's pretty ******* cold lol. Everybody says that basic is cold as **** if you go during December. That probably also means that there won't be as many people joining in December.
Disclaimer: I never served in the legion, this is just what I've read on this forum and other sites.

Theuglyfriend, keep me posted about your flight and if you wish we can meet each other somewhere in Paris and go straight to the recruiting center.

I was in Aubagne over Christmas and New Years, really not that cold with a jacket and in the day if it was sunny you barely needed a jacket. Mornings were a bit chilly as you just rolled out of bed and were kicked outside but nothing horrible.

So why did you get sent home the previous 3 times? 4th? That is very cool, I thought they only allowed 3 attempts.
Good luck man.

First time I was 18 ( 1996) the war in Yugo had ended and I found myself in a room with ex-soldiers from either side in that small room in the fort waiting around super intimidating. You got to remember I was 18 haha I got scared and said I wanted to leave. Second time (1997) it was full of Russians and Pols a Russian kid got in my face we got into a brief scrap. Sergeant decided I was at fault told me to leave. Third time (2009) my roommates crazy girlfriend who he later got a restraining order on tried to break into our apartment through my window at 3am I jumped out of bed and broke my toe two weeks before I shipped. I went anyway and got sent home right off from the fort. I don't regret ever going or trying neither should any of you. 4th attempt well because I'm not a bitch. If I fail I'm not going to cry about it or feel sorry for myself.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Well Theuglyfriend the best of luck to you. I'd say trying 4 times will be in your favor, I mean I'm impressed. Going just before Christmas will also be in your favor as it shows that you don't care about spending Christmas with friends and family. Although if asked do not say it is because you have no interest in Christmas, think of a better reply.

No point in pointing out what will not be in your favor. As for Russkovs and Pols you can expect to see even more. Don't let them get to you. Remember that a lot of them will not be getting any further than Blue shoulder patch.
Unless you know Marseille quite well, it would be easier to take the train to Aubagne. It takes less than 15 minutes and then there is a 15/20 min. walk to the regiment. providing you don't stop at 666s old stamper The Red Lion for a last half pint. In that case add another 15mins.
Or worse stop of at McDonalds for a cheeseburger !

Well Theuglyfriend the best of luck to you. I'd say trying 4 times will be in your favor, I mean I'm impressed. Going just before Christmas will also be in your favor as it shows that you don't care about spending Christmas with friends and family. Although if asked do not say it is because you have no interest in Christmas, think of a better reply.

No point in pointing out what will not be in your favor. As for Russkovs and Pols you can expect to see even more. Don't let them get to you. Remember that a lot of them will not be getting any further than Blue shoulder patch.
Unless you know Marseille quite well, it would be easier to take the train to Aubagne. It takes less than 15 minutes and then there is a 15/20 min. walk to the regiment. providing you don't stop at 666s old stamper The Red Lion for a last half pint. In that case add another 15mins.
Or worse stop of at McDonalds for a cheeseburger !
I forgot about the red lion! And there is a hotel everyone stays at. I was going to take a day in Aubagne and talk to some old saltys.

Most viewed threads of the week