I want to join.

Home Country
Spain
Hi, in a few months i want to go to France for selection, i want you to give me advice to have the maximum possibilities to be accepted. Advice on what to do before you go, what actit is the best to adopt and what you advise one time inside.

Im from Barcelona, Spain and I'm 24 years old. I've been learning French for 5 months, don't have any defect and injury. I'm clean, I don't have any problem with the law. About me: I'm civilian and police self-defense instructor and MMA fighter and i have studies. I have any possibility? I know the history of the Legion.
Can I do something more before going there? Please, give me your advice!

Nickfury

Top Member
Ratings
62 1
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Hi, and welcome.

Not trying to be rude at all, but honestly that's too general of a question and unlikely to get a good indepth response unless someone is super bored and has nothing better to do with their time.

There are literally thousands of posts on here and on the internet about how to prepare physically and mentally for the legion and how to prepare for the interviews and medical tests (check some of the 'stickied' posts at the top of the "French Foreign Legion Today" section, they are the saved posts that always show up at the top.) Plus a lot of the basic information is on the Official Legion Recruitment website and the French Foreign Legion Info site and in tons of other places all over the web.

Take some time to read everything over the last few years on here and do some Google searches on the net for specific questions. THEN come back and ask informed and educated questions about specific that don't require someone to write a novel rehashing everything that has already been said a thousand times before.

Otherwise from your introduction you sound like you would be a good candidate. Though they will ask why you didn't join the Spanish military or Spanish Legion, or Spanish Police and will worry if you have too many good options or a good and comfortable life at home.

Good luck.

Ratings
784 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
If, and they will ask you,your political opinion on the catalon situation (pro or anti indépendantist), play low key and do not get too passionate. ..

Ratings
Home Country
Greece
Hello,I am new here and I do not know how this site works,I do not have many point to make a new thread,so I am posting on this one.
I am 22 years old and I am from Greece.I have served 9 months in my country's special forces(I was specialized as a sniper).I know very good english(proficient) and I am learning French.(I am already at a basic conversational level).I am a university graduate of forestry and environmental sciences.I selected this major because I didnt like all my other choices,I became disillusioned and didnt like my degree,but I finished it anyway.
I can also play the trumpet in a good level.I can sight read proficiently.
I mainly want to ask about the MLE band.I watched videos on youtube and I am impressed.In my mind,I can use the legions 5 years to play in the band.I don't know what the requirements are and how I can get it.I am planning of joining the legion in 3-4 years from now,so I will have more time to practice.
Can anyone inform me about the band and how much they practice?

Thanks for your time!

SnafuSmite

Ratings
198 1
Home Country
South Africa
Hello,I am new here and I do not know how this site works,I do not have many point to make a new thread,so I am posting on this one.
I am 22 years old and I am from Greece.I have served 9 months in my country's special forces(I was specialized as a sniper).I know very good english(proficient) and I am learning French.(I am already at a basic conversational level).I am a university graduate of forestry and environmental sciences.I selected this major because I didnt like all my other choices,I became disillusioned and didnt like my degree,but I finished it anyway.
I mainly want to ask about the MLE band.I watched videos on youtube and I am impressed.In my mind,I can use the legions 5 years to play in the band.I don't know what the requirements are and how I can get it.I am planning of joining the legion in 3-4 years from now,so I will have more time to practice.

Thanks for your time!
Well, you're the first chap that I've seen on the forum that is wanting to join for the Legion Band. I know that they are held in quite a high regard in the French military and are asked to perform at State dinners and such, perhaps the Greens or Reds have a better answer for you Mate.

P.S. You've got one strange CV Bud, sniper , environmental science, and trumpet player.....and now a wannabe Legionnaire.....

Ratings
Home Country
Greece
Well, you're the first chap that I've seen on the forum that is wanting to join for the Legion Band. I know that they are held in quite a high regard in the French military and are asked to perform at State dinners and such, perhaps the Greens or Reds have a better answer for you Mate.

P.S. You've got one strange CV Bud, sniper , environmental science, and trumpet player.....and now a wannabe Legionnaire.....

ç'est la vie

Ratings
784 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
To Aubange
A travelling circus came to play
They brought an intelligent éléphant
And Niko was his name
One dark night
He slipped his Iron chain
And off he ran to la Légion
And was never seen again

Niko the éléphant packed his trunk
And said good bye to the circus
Off he went with a trumpety - trump
Trump, trump, trump
Night and day

He played for la Légions band
When Niko played for la Légion band
He looked so proud and grand
No more tricks for Niko to perform
They taught him how to salute
And he took the crowd by a storm

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
664 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi, in a few months i want to go to France for selection, i want you to give me advice to have the maximum possibilities to be accepted. Advice on what to do before you go, what actit is the best to adopt and what you advise one time inside.

Im from Barcelona, Spain and I'm 24 years old. I've been learning French for 5 months, don't have any defect and injury. I'm clean, I don't have any problem with the law. About me: I'm civilian and police self-defense instructor and MMA fighter and i have studies. I have any possibility? I know the history of the Legion.
Can I do something more before going there? Please, give me your advice!
Hi Aron, welcome to the forum. As Nick says there are plenty of sites out there to get information. Make sure that you visit the dentist to make sure that you do not have any problems. You may not have a tooth ache but that is not quite the same.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
664 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand

Thanks for your time!
Niko, welcome to the forum. I don't think it's a question of points, from what I can understand after being checked and cleared, it takes a day or perhaps even two.
Anyway, I am not going to tell you how to orientate your career but remember that after your 5 years when someone asks you, " hey what did you do in the legion?"
I played the trumpet, or the big bass drum, or whatever.

The music isn't going anywhere and will still be around for many more years after you have joined. Perhaps you might consider going to a combat company first and getting a couple of years in. Get your stripes up, get a tour overseas, and perhaps a couple of medals and then if you so choose, ask to go to the MLE.

Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
Nikolaos22,

Welcome to the forum and good luck. Heed information form the Greens. Be circumspect with Blues (including me.)

Chas former Brit Green Beret and other.

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom