a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOINING https://cervens.net/forum/index.php?forums/welcome-introduce-yourself.13/

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Bonjour, Hello,
I'm to old for the Legion, Although it was my greatest intention to join the Legion at the age 4 years old, after watching the Movie Beau Geste. I have worked for some US Government agencies, I worked as a Military Contractor, and also worked in Law; when I was in between contracts. Frogman, Pilot, poet, artist and small arms and special weapons expert, like everyone else(; I'm retired to private life. I came across this group while I was doing some research on Peter Ortiz. I thought I would enjoy being part of such a forum.
Thank you for excepting my request to join.
And Yes I have read the Forum's Miranda Rights.
And I hope I am posting this on the correct thread.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Welcome to the forum, Devil's Dog.
Looking forward to your input.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Welcome, Devil's Dog, can I read anything into that name?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Teuffel Hunden
The cemetery recognising the outstanding valour of the USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood is in the Aisne/Marne district south of the same named village. In 1918, the US Marines put the German enemy to flight, whittling out pockets of resistance with constant use of the bayonet.

They were so fearsome that the Germans gave them the appellation of Devil Dogs- Teuffel Hunden.

Semper Fidelis- Per Mare per Terram.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
The cemetery recognising the outstanding valour of the USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood is in the Aisne/Marne district south of the same named village. In 1918, the US Marines put the German enemy to flight, whittling out pockets of resistance with constant use of the bayonet.

They were so fearsome that the Germans gave them the appellation of Devil Dogs- Teuffel Hunden.

Semper Fidelis- Per Mare per Terram.
The US Army was in retreat from Bellau Wood and they passed the Marines on their way in and the Marine Lieutenant said retreat hell, we just got here

The 5th and 6th Marine Regiments to this day wear on their dress uniforms the French Fourragere with distinction and pride. A GD Shame what that Jackass Biden did to France with the Tri-party Defense agreement. Macron was right to recall the Ambassador in protest, agree 100%

Semper Fidelis