a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hostage rescue Djibouti from http://foreignlegion.info/

Buner101

Reaction score
Home Country
Poland
Thank You for sharing this story.Its always good to learn some more about FFL's history.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Lt Doucet, mentioned in the article, later served as a captain in my old regiment. That was before ‘my time’, but Anciens told me.

Fin109

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Thanks for the link, Voltigeur. Always interested in reading these little history tid-bits... sure a proud moment. The whole operations was all of... twenty minutes too! (At least, the actual deployment of said operation.)

maim

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It was because of this that the 3 sion 3 cie of the 13 was designated sion sniper, due to the embarrassment of having to call in support. I was there 86 -88 with a few other miscreants on this board.

olias

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Loyada is like a 10 minute drive from where I am at.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
It was because of this that the 3 sion 3 cie of the 13 was designated sion sniper, due to the embarrassment of having to call in support. I was there 86 -88 with a few other miscreants on this board.
Also, known under the less ‘glorious’ name of “section chaude-pisseâ€￾, the “clap platoonâ€￾ ;). Back in the late 70's /early 80's.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
The lads of the REP 2nd Coy did well that day! But they also had sardines backing them up and watching their six! A classic case of Legion all arms working together!
Sure, but let's not forget either the instrumental role played that day by GIGN.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Film, "The intervention", (a franco belge production) can now be seen on screen (have just watched the trailer)