a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holiday question

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
And the creases? how do they look, technique adopted or not?

Shirt is brand new, the creases will with the time look sharper. When my Coy, the CEA/ 2REI moved into our new building, we were the first in our regiment in 1991 to have the new furnitures, Geez, saturdays we had Revue chambre, room inspection, by the Company Adjudant (a WO2) and if it wasn't tidy and something dented or even the slightest trace of shoe polish on anything, your week end was doomed and out of the gates delayed by a few hours. ;)

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Asia's brother has not been promoted : he just received a distinction (not necessary to become Cpl) and has no authority over the other legionnaires. This distinction is automatic after a certain time (depending on the regiment) but in the case of 2e REP it is given ‘au mérite’ to the first guy of the para promo (major de promotion). This was my case and seems to be Asia's brother's case : congratulations to him !

Cant do his career any harm though.

Old Adj

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Asia's brother has not been promoted : he just received a distinction (not necessary to become Cpl) and has no authority over the other legionnaires. This distinction is automatic after a certain time (depending on the regiment) but in the case of 2e REP it is given ‘au mérite’ to the first guy of the para promo (major de promotion). This was my case and seems to be Asia's brother's case : congratulations to him !

Er, loustic? I know that 1° classe is a distinction and not a grade, I know that it is not necessary to pass Cpl and I know that he has no authority over other legionnaires. Everyone gets made 1° class these days. Everyone. Nobody said that he came first in his promo and was made 1° class as a recompense. He was made 1° class before the end of the promo.

You should look at the Legion overall and not with your "How it was for us back in the day in the glorious 2 REP" glasses on!

You are reading things into his story which just may not be true!

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Er, loustic? I know that 1° classe is a distinction and not a grade, I know that it is not necessary to pass Cpl and I know that he has no authority over other legionnaires. Everyone gets made 1° class these days. Everyone. Nobody said that he came first in his promo and was made 1° class as a recompense. He was made 1° class before the end of the promo.

You should look at the Legion overall and not with your "How it was for us back in the day in the glorious 2 REP" glasses on!

You are reading things into his story which just may not be true!

DP, I am not always looking with my 2 REP glasses on ! :cool:
I simply read Asia's post : she said that her brother had finished his "promo" and became "1st cl". I assumed that he became 1st cl beacuse of his promo result, I cannot even imagine for one millisecond a "young legionnaire" getting "1st cl" before the end of the regimental instruction !

Asia_Y

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Hello to everyone again:)) I am not sure ,what all this promotion and etc. mean:)) But yes,he is "major de la promotion" and he read the " le code d'honneur du légionnaire" in front of everyone during the ceremony.

Asia_Y

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Thank you:)) Just now he is not very happy:)) He start 00 :)))