a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hola

loki547

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Well, I've been on here for a while watching, reading, and occasionally laughing. So I figured I'd introduce myself to the group. I had a stint in the US Navy, with all the red tape, and them requiring 48 months to transfer out of a unit of slackers, combined with my lack of maturity at the time, didn't work out so well.
I've been a mortgage broker, surviellence tech, firefighter, and now currently work for a new, and lethargic agency in my country, which, to be honest is boring the hell out of me. Reams of paperwork and a 9 to 5 schedule, and again, taking forever and a day to get anything done is not what I can give any measure of success.
So now I am growing restless. I am told that although our military is experiencing a crisis in recruiting, due to my digressions previous, I am unsuitable for service. So much for evaluation. Which leads me to research a place that will give some one a second chance.
I'm 28 years old, and find the only career path interesting to me is excluded, barring WW IV breaking out. Most people think I'm nuts, because I wade through swamps geocaching, and would rather go hiking than sit at home. Trying to find some answers about a shoulder seperation I have, so that I can last more than 30 seconds at a Med Exam. I posted about that problem, with a few response that I am thankful for.
Thats it in a nutshell. Thanks.