a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hk-416

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
He took the pledge (serment) to ISIS on social networks which means the attack was imminent and explains the intervention (33 yr old). Bagnols-sur-Cèze is spitting distance from 1er REG and 2e REI. To get this thread back on track, I wonder what the Armée française is going to do with the old stock of FAMAS...

(...) I guess you mean a “terrorist wannabe”, not a Legion one. Better to clarify... (...)
Yes, wannabe terrorist. but it doesn't exclude the other (i.e. Merah).

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Looked like poorly researched sensationalist crap by a lazy journo to me. IMHO in the future there will be far less men in the field with western armies , drones and robots will be sent in first followed by a few elite/SF to clean up , the majority of “soldiers’ will be operating from control rooms which could be anywhere in the world. Saying that there will always be a need for human contact and policing once the sh*t has been cleaned up.
Technology has most certainly changed the battle field and tactics; however, there will never be a time where boots on the ground are not needed. During Desert Shield/Storm we pounded the piss out of the Iraqis in Kuwait, B52s, A-10s, Apache Helicopters, 155 mm Howitzers, and so on... When we rolled into Kuwait after 6-weeks of this intense pounding they crawled out of hole like roaches.

I watched this and the technology that impressed me was the exo-squelette.
Caporal, this has been under development for some time and it will increase endurance. Many, Many, on this forum have no idea what Combat Fitness is and Physical Fitness.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
This French exo-squelette is light weight and can maintain a soldier in a holding position as he fires with various tension settings ( firing style, a juger, as we call it). I know there are other models to help grunts to carry more weight (like mortars etc.).

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I think the French will off load their unwanted FAMASes to some of their ex-colonial countries and others in the Sahel region. France does not have it's own individual weapons manufacturer any more... A shame for some, but more cost-efficient for others.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Was he ISIS-affiliated? Like someone claim responsibility? I guess once you mention terrorists these days it's semi-automatic to assume he is muslim. Coming from a muslim country and having a muslim background makes me feel so sad man despite the fact that i am an ex but still. The fact that nobody had to guess he is muslim and that we all took it for granted i dunno makes me more angry with my past religion than i am normally am. You know I kinda wish you would say i am wrong and that he isnt a muslim

So why you think is that way? There is no many Buddhist blowing up it self around this days. Of course it's wrong to assume that every Muslim is terrorist, but vast majority of terrorists are Sunni Muslims. That is fact. You can't be mad at people when they assume that next terrorist attack would be by conducted by Muslim.

Many Muslims usually distance them self by saying "Oh, they are not Muslim, real Muslim would never do that" . I'm afraid that is not that simple

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
So why you think is that way? There is no many Buddhist blowing up it self around this days. Of course it's wrong to assume that every Muslim is terrorist, but vast majority of terrorists are Sunni Muslims. That is fact. You can't be mad at people when they assume that next terrorist attack would be by conducted by Muslim.

Many Muslims usually distance them self by saying "Oh, they are not Muslim, real Muslim would never do that" . I'm afraid that is not that simple
True, I agree with you.
Back to topic, maybe They are gonna sell the FAMAS stock to third world countries and make some profit out of it?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
France sold the Mistral ship to Egypt which was paid by the Saudis (the Mistral is a multi-purpose logistic ship, ordered by Russia before their interference in Ukraine and the following boycott). Fluz is fluz, cheb

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
France sold the Mistral ship to Egypt which was paid by the Saudis (the Mistral is a multi-purpose logistic ship, ordered by Russia before their interference in Ukraine and the following boycott). Fluz is fluz, cheb.
I see here some elite police force I think they are a cheap copy cat of the GIGN going around in black cars blowing every godamn light in the street with black clothes and hiding their faces they all hold FAMAS not AKS. Only unit in our police force that doesn't use AKs.
About the Mistral dude, got a dude who is part of the crew. He swears not a single member of the crew knows how to operate the damned ship. You see because it's so expensive that command here doesn't allow anyone to touch anything inside the carrier. He says all the coms, computer devices and everything inside the ship is still cased in their plastic bags and covers :D. When they get a visit from some general they remove the covers and once the visit is over the covers go back to their places. It is sad but quite a funny story.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The whole story behind the Mistral would make a decent film. Were/are the commands still written in Russian? By the way, dude... Mistral is a yunfakh/wind.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
We have lot of Russian equipment and most of command are in Russian. Its not such big deal for Serb, but I pretty sure it get confusing for Egyptian guy. :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Shave your arse and you can. Ja uvek usim ali ne rasumin nista. Profitons... La Légion, c'est multiculturel.

DanSorin

Reaction score
Home Country
Antarctica
Formation des moniteurs de tir du 68e régiment d'artillerie d'Afrique avec le nouveau fusil de l'armée de Terre, le HK 416 F.
Cette formation se déroule à La Valbonne.
Les moniteurs de tir du régiment sont les premiers à être formés avec le HK416, avant de transmettre leur connaissances aux autres soldats du régiment.
Après les cours théoriques, ils découvrent de nouvelles sensations avec ce 1er tir.

Le 5e régiment de dragons de Mailly-le-Camp a perçu 224 fusils d'assaut HK-146F "version courte". Cette version compacte spécialement étudiée pour les équipages embarqués (cavaliers, fantassins, sapeurs ou artilleurs) dans un espace restreint, permet une meilleure manipulation.

Arme ambidextre, le HK-416F s'adapte à toutes les morphologies des tireurs. Un gain de confort synonyme de plus de précision dans les tirs.