[Question] Hip popping, medical.

Hello everyone, i'm mostly stalking and reading, i don't want to ask same questions, because almost everything was been asked, a lot of good information on this forum.
I am planning to go join in December, when i am ready, currently i am out of shape.
But i have small questions, and i know most of people cant give me answer and will just say u will see when i get there.
But maybe someone will know, i am healthy, never broken a bone in my life, but since last year i can hear popping in hip when lifting leg(knee) high.
There is no pain! I can just hear and feel poping from hip area, no pain at all, it is similar with knuckle popping.
I googled and there is no harm whatsoever, only annoyance from that "syndrome". But i'm interested can i get problem on medical from that?
I know army doctors are very strict for good reason, im just interested can that be problem?
Thanks.

Why not go and see a civvy doctor first and at least to put a name to it (the popping) sounds like water excess in joints to me, but am no expert
Good luck and welcome

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
There is thread about someone's popping knee somewhere on forum. Try to wind it.

I think that shouldn't be a problem if it doesn't disabling you in any way. Maybe its good idea do X-ray and check with doctor than but most likely that won't find anything because that is as you said just common syndrome.

Normally down to lack of cartilage it is the normal sound that you would expect to hear their is supplements that you can take to help, but get the impression that any small medical problem could bin your chances as back to supply and demand, you could be in the wrong queue buddy ( bit of advise ask for a medical prior to haircut) That’s a top tip😀

As for your original question about your hip; You say that you never broke any bones, and don't have any other hip related problems except the little sound it makes, I think you are going to be ok. I assume that it does not affect the movement of the leg in any way. They will check your body very detailed manner, and like Papillon said, there just is a lot of people going in where to choose from. I got rejected due to old surgery wounds but I was well aware that it might happen. Some people were sent to x-rays and still got in. Some Ancien once wrote here that back in his days you could almost join if you had a peg-leg :)

While I'm in the keyboard I wanna tell about a guy I thought I knew...
There's a pub in my home town that's owned by turkish immigrants, beers and burgers type of place. It's been there for a decade now and I've visited regurarly. After I came back from France and got my life settled back in some kind of order I went for a few pints. Guy was like 'whats up' and I was like 'not much, can i have a beer, it's been a rough few weeks/months'.
Since I was the only customer there we ended up talking and I told him about my trip. He immediately said that it was propaply the best that i didn't got in. *How so?' I asked.. The man went in the backroom and came back with his laptop and started showing me pictures. A lot of pictures, hundreds, of him being in the turkish commandos. There were a lot of pictures of him and every pic followed a detailed short story where it was taken. It was impressive and fascinating to listen to him just talk as I looked at hte photos.
Things got really interesting when a photo of him with a kepi blanc came on screen.
I said Oh shit and he said Yeah that's right. It went on for hours, way past the closing time. So after his time in turkish forces he joined the legion for five years. This was in 2003. Has been deployed in afghanistan twice. once in turkey and once in legion. Every photo that came up he had a story about it. Man, I was speechless.. Also a bit drunk, but mostly speechles. Just stared at the pics and him at awe. I did get the impression that he never didn't actually enjoyed his time in any military. After the legion he went back to turkey for an year before came to finland.
I mean the guy has been selling me burgers and beers for ten years, and I never could've even guess. Never.

You just never know, man, you just never know.

No need to wash your laundry in public, but it is always interesting at interviews as I don’t hang out their ! My response is as always in a polite manner it was part of my youth and an adventure and has been a big part in my development into the man I am now.
Less is more or is it less?

It could be Femoral Acetabular Impingement, just had surgery for it. It is where your hip joins and the cam is out of shape, it can and will tear up the Labrum, the gasket that holds your hip socket together.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/femoroacetabular-impingement/
Interesting, although is says symptoms are pain, stiffness and or limping. I don't have them.
Did you had those symptoms or you heard popping in hip like me?
Its interesting that i don't hear anything if i raise leg right in front of me, only if i angle it little bit to the side. So, left leg will hear pop when lifting little towards left, and right towards right...
I will probably go to doctor and see if we can ID this problem. I don't want anything to stay in my way to go in legion.
Thanks all for help!

Hi guys, almost all questions had beed answered, but i still have one about a lipoma.
I do have a couple lipomas on my right leg, they are not painful nor anything similar. Will it be a reason for a possible rejection?
Im currently in Lyon. What would be de difference if i join here or if i go straight to Aubagne?
About the pull ups, i just want to confirm. the minimun requirement is 4? A have read several histories with diffenrent info.
Thanks in advance.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Hi guys, almost all questions had beed answered, but i still have one about a lipoma.
I do have a couple lipomas on my right leg, they are not painful nor anything similar. Will it be a reason for a possible rejection?
Im currently in Lyon. What would be de difference if i join here or if i go straight to Aubagne?
About the pull ups, i just want to confirm. the minimun requirement is 4? A have read several histories with diffenrent info.
Thanks in advance.
No man ! It's not 4 its 7 now. They raised up limit for min pull-ups "on doors" .But my advice is not to go if can't do 10.

Difference between Lyon and Aubagne ... not many. You will only speed up process lil bit if you go direct to Aubagne and spend lil bit more money. If you get rejected in Aubagne after joining in Lyon (or some other city with recruiting center) they will give you ticket back whatever city you joined in.

Most viewed threads of the week