a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey all

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Well, we have the smallest number of active members ever. Only like 3 anciens and 2 mods ever on. Most mods have left. Most members either tried to join and didn't make it and never came back, said they were going and never came back, or just left the forum all together

Dusaboss is still here, talking shit (love ya, buddy)

Also we have a resident Sexpert for all your carnal questions

How are you?

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I am good thanks,

Got a house, a girlfriend, a decent (but boring) job. I soon start a much better paying job soon. I'm approaching my mid thirties so I am guessing i'm turning into one of those middle class suburban wankers :D

I train in boxing three times a week and I'm still a reserve, so I haven't quite surrendered to civi life yet.

Good to see this place still going. It was a lighthouse to me in my troubled days. Looks like it still is to others.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Ex- Pongo,

Good to see you back. I am still alive...…….just.;)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well, we have the smallest number of active members ever. Only like 3 anciens and 2 mods ever on. Most mods have left. Most members either tried to join and didn't make it and never came back, said they were going and never came back, or just left the forum all together

Dusaboss is still here, talking shit (love ya, buddy)

Also we have a resident Sexpert for all your carnal questions

How are you?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Good to see you Pongo, we really lacking Scotsmen on board. :) Joking a bit.

By the way what "Ex-Pongo" means?

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Well in South Africa, army boys used to be called pongos. When you come out the bush you pong, hence pongo. But can Hugo Stiglitz be a pongo?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In The RM and RAF, it stands for, where the army goes the pong goes
Please don't start about the RAF Gunners or Regiment.just joking. They had Rapier too like our Regiments, 16 & 22 Air defence. We also had 10 Air defence in Hohne. Excellent guys. Had Javelin fired off the shoulder. Had nifty Wagons too.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I`ve a mate who served as a RM , he says the British Army dont wash with water they use a shower in a can:)
Well I remember an exercise in Germany where we had Royal Marines who were supposed to learn about comms & how a Division HQ worked. I was on the Artillery det with Brigadier rutter Jerome as Cmdr Royal Artillery. The Marines were either not interested or not up to scratch in comms. Honestly.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The naval Gun fire is brought in by 29 Commando.. Royal Artillery. They are also the 105 mm Guns who served US well in the falklands. The 29 guys are Royal Artillery & later do the all Arms Commando course. Now chas argues but we did so much before the Commando Tests.. I say the all Arms Commando guys passed all the Tests you took longer to train for. The Royal Artillery are the Gunners & forward observation bar none.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I served in both the Royal Artillery & Royal Signals.