a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I'm writing so I don't get booted off right away. My VPN's set to Albania - is that so odd?

I've been working on Luc-Leger, Cooper, pull-ups, push-ups. I'm out of shape, so they'll take some work. Just checked out the Training Program thread, too. Seems intense, but they're good tips.

Cheers for now, Chaps.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi and welcome to the Forum. I'm glad that you mentioned getting booted off for not posting anything.
As for rope climbing it is not part of the entrance exam. However, you will do it in Castel and your regiment. If you have the chance to train on one, than you should take advantage of it.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Thanks for this. It's as much a mental game as anything else.

Can anyone tell me if the rope climb's an entry requirement? The Training Course is the first time I've seen it mentioned...
Rope is more skill than strength for those not complete upper body studs. Work it for sure and learn how, proper technique can and will get you to the top

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Rope is more skill than strength for those not complete upper body studs. Work it for sure and learn how, proper technique can and will get you to the top
I would say it’s a combination of both strength and technique, for myself I just used my arms and strength but stuff like this came quite natural to me as I was fit and came to join fit and at 63 can still do a rope and a few good chins on the bar😀

Reaction score
Home Country
England
I would say it’s a combination of both strength and technique, for myself I just used my arms and strength but stuff like this came quite natural to me as I was fit and came to join fit and at 63 can still do a rope and a few good chins on the bar😀
you shall have to prove it ! I am sure you can do it 😊

shirly xx