a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guy moaning against the Legion

capgros

Reaction score
Home Country
Spain
The following story has been published in a local Spanish media around February 2016.

SUMMARY:

In February 2016, a Spanish guy called Alejandro, 19 years old, goes into the selection in Aubagne. He gets into the center at 8:15 in the morning. He is there cause he likes the Legion, he has tried joining the Spanish army a couple of times, but he has never succeded (nowadays, in the Spanish Army there is a ratio of 36 people for every vacancy).

Once in Augbane, Alejandro does the firsts tests: iq, brain tests and medical examniation, and he passes them. So, he is waiting in a room along with other candidates for the next tests. Suddenly, a corporal comes and say to the EV's that all the vacancies are full and there is no place to stay in the barracks in Aubagne, so they have to go, stay outside and wait for a call to come back in. Alejandro says “no poblem, but the Legion has to pay me the hotel, according to the regulations published on the website.â€￾ The Legion responds there's no way that this is going to happen.

Then, Alejandro leaves Aubagne and goes back to Spain. He says he will never try again and he will focus in joining the Spanish Legion.

I translate you the full article that you cand find, here:

http://www.laverdad.es/murcia/carta...-contra-legion-francesa-20160228012851-v.html

The dream of Alejandro Ros, a neighbor of San José Obrero of 19 years, to enter the Spanish Legion knew no limits. That is why, after two years of trying and staying at the gates by the bill, he saw an alternative and left for France to join the French Foreign Legion. An illusion that turned into a nightmare after passing the first phase of selection in Aubagne, a city near Marseille.

Alejandro, who chose this military body because he had always admired him and considered him a “fighter and eliteâ€￾, left on February 7th to that French city. On day 8 he took a taxi from the hotel where he was staying to go to the recruiting center in Aubagne. He showed up at 08:15 in the morning, and then performed the first phase tests with the eleven people who were also present that day. “Most of those who were there were Algerians and South Americansâ€￾ says this cartagenero. In the first trial, which included psycho-technical, psychological tests and a medical study, Alejandro obtained the apt qualification.

But without a "logical" motive, his selection process became paralyzed. The young man explains that when he was waiting in a room to go to the second phase, a corporal first told him that all the squares were already occupied. "I was told that I had to wait at a hotel in Marseille to call me when they had free seats. I told them that nothing happened, but that in that case, they had to pay for my stay, because this was stated in the statutes ».

Alejandro denounces that he was thrown into the street without further explanation than a "we are not going to pay you. I take orders from the chief. " At that moment, he felt abandoned with the disappointment of not having been able to enter his legion. "Something that was not my fault, because I was fit. But they did not want to comply with what they had spread on their website, "he says

After this denial, the road back home became more complicated. "I had to get back on the road, next to the high-speed trains and I did not have enough money to take a taxi."

The foreign legion stated that the personal belongings of the recruits were: three white shirts, three underpants, three pairs of socks, one pair of sports shoes and fifty euros as the maximum money. He, despite these instructions, took 200. But he invested almost everything in the hotel and in the taxi to the military base.

After more than two hours, he arrived in Marseilles and went to the police to report what had happened. "They told me they could not do anything, they just gave me the buses I had to take to get to the airport."

Once there, he got in touch with his family, who bought him a bus ticket to go home. "It was the cheapest alternative. The trip lasted thirteen hours and after all that had happened I was anxious to get to my neighborhood. "

Despite not having achieved its purpose, Alexander does not abandon his dream of joining the Legion. "I feel disappointed by the French army, but it is an experience more than life. Now I will try harder in the Spanish Legion. The only thing I do not want is for this to happen to someone else. "

Well, here we have another experience from a EV. I think the guy is a moaner and he sucks a bit. What do you think? Have you ever heard of something similar?

Last edited:

maim

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
What a lot of testicles, nowhere does it say that the Legion will pay for your hotel, pmsl. You are eligible for pay the minute you walk through the door at any recruitment centre and sign the engagement, you get the cash if you are sent on your way. I have seen many stories in multiple languages denigrating the Legion, and a number of sad little gits, whining about how hard it was on TV, We should make our own video about old gits who retteras rien. Mi dos centivos, M, out.

Sarahlouise

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Let's get the violin out, bless. At least he just needed to cross the Pyrenees to get home. Seriously though he tried. More than some who only talk the talk.

mulgarat

Actual or Ex Legionnaire - Donator
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
This made print? I hate to pin it on Millennials again but...:rolleyes:
He got rejected a couple of times from the Spanish Army? Perhaps the answer is there.
As Chas would say of the Marines, 99.9% need not apply.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hmm, not so clear article. If what there says is true, certainly not supporting to "Honour and Fidelity" of a institution. Simply that wasn't right. Guy passed all tests and they simple tell him to told him to fack off and to wait. And after that he still can be rejected :(. I do not know whether this is true or not but it sound bad for every new wannabe.

Is also funny that a guy expect from legion to pay him for a hotel and even went to the police, But institution played very bad and unfair in this case.

A mean, we, new guys, are ready to accept a lot of shit. Just don't shit on as us this way. That simply don't go with things for what this organization stands for.

I hope that this is not true, if it is,I want to believe that is isolated case.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Hmm, not so clear article. If what there says is true, certainly not supporting to "Honour and Fidelity" of a institution. Simply that wasn't right. Guy passed all tests and they simple tell him to told him to fack off and to wait. And after that he still can be rejected :(. I do not know whether this is true or not but it sound bad for every new wannabe.

Is also funny that a guy expect from legion to pay him for a hotel and even went to the police, But institution played very bad and unfair in this case.

A mean, we, new guys, are ready to accept a lot of shit. Just don't shit on as us this way. That simply don't go with things for what this organization stands for.

I hope that this is not true, if it is,I want to believe that is isolated case.
Simple enough, there was no room at the inn. No where does it state that the legion will pay for a hotel if the barracks are full.
Considering that only about 10% get accepted, there could be 100 good candidates but still only ten out of hundred will get through selection.
That is why the ones that have had that experience, tell you to have a plan "B", no matter how well you are suited for the Legion.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
let's not confuse accepted and doing a few pullups, a beep test and putting square pegs into square holes and knowing that the moon is the odd one out of a list of farm animals. When you are accepted you wear a red shoulder flash and get sent to Castel- that is being accepted. If there are 40 places for Castel and you are whinging little git inspite of doing 10 pullups, you will not be accepted.

Running first of all to the police to report ... I'm not sure what, and then to the newspaper means that you are not what the legion needs or wants. One thing that I do regret is that the newspaper published his whinning without contacting the legion to ask if they do have a policy of putting up non-accepted civilians in hotels.

One good thing that comes out of this post is to remind those that are going to join not to take anything for granted. Work hard and keep your mouths shut otherwise you are out.

By the Way the Spanish legion no longer takes foreigners so you can forget that as plan B.

maim

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Sarah Louise, are you hot, woops sorry wrong forum

Sarahlouise

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Gisele hot ;) but with a very small penis to match your mind :D

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
This story is pathetic. I have no idea why the newspaper would even waste their time publishing it.

na1977

Reaction score
Home Country
Lebanon
To deserve to wear the képi blanc, you need to be prepared to take in whatever gets thrown at you, and take it in silence. If you can't do that, you don't want the legion enough, and you don't have what it takes. Excuses are incompatible with excellence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesbrooks379.j

Reaction score
Home Country
Albania
Bloke sounds like a proper melt . Running to the police man up .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
hahaha. I'm imagining this guy Alejandro going to local police complaining about FFL not paying him hotel. :) Probable on bad French or no French at all.

If only i could see confusion on policemen faces :)

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
DP, why don't you close this thread ?
This guy seems to have no interest in the Legion, so why should we take care of what he is or who he is ? He is not even a member of our forum !