a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Good responses to question of why you wanted to join the legion?

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Those "clean" guys that walk in like me (and many others I know) did have other career choices and other options, and that counts quite heavily towards "voluntary motivation" I guess. It's also true of course that somebody we have spoken about on here for example that had little option but the Legion due to the law being on his shoulder would also be seen as "highly motivated" to never want to leave (or until the statute of limitation had run its course).

That's what makes the Legion - colours, beliefs and customs of all kinds mixed in with thugs and vicars. It somehow all balances out.

If you're fairly fit, of average intelligence and most of all highly motivated there is a decent change of passing rouge in my opinion. I say that with some degree of confidence for reasons I may explain one day.

This makes all perfect sense, merci Kronenberg.

Reaction score
Home Country
England
You're an unwanted parasite. Go away.
I have worked for many years in the medical branch. I hold s senior position.
Please feel free to contact me per pm.
I would like to discuss your medical Enterprises.
Shirly 💋

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I have worked for many years in the medical branch. I hold s senior position.
Please feel free to contact me per pm.
I would like to discuss your medical Enterprises.
Shirly 💋
Go away.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
This thread has become rather unpleasant and not to my taste.

Should anyone dislike this comment- well simply too bad.

I survived the Blitz and was bombed out so any adverse comments on my post will remain nugatory.