a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going ffl

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Hey all. I am New here.. In 20 Days i ll go to paris and i am going to try to join in the ffl.. Today i gave my birth certificate to a lowyer, so he is going to translate it to french.. My question is if the ffl needs and the apostille sign to the certificate.. If someone Know inform me please.. I Will also go to one doctor and i ll do exams cause i had an surgery before 2 years on my back ( herniation disk, microdiscectomy), so i can give the results to the ffl doctors and they will see i am 100% good without any after effects... I am doing this cause according to the site they need medical documents to prove if someone is okay after the surgery

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Best of luck, Dude, i wish you well
Advice : Once in Paris, no talking to strangers and make for Fort de Nogent, ,
asap !
Cerified copy of your original birth certificat should be OK
Latest médical report by your doctor too...is not because your doctor told you are apt ,that the medicin chef will say the same

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Best of luck, Dude, i wish you well
Advice : Once in Paris, no talking to strangers and make for Fort de Nogent, ,
asap !
Cerified copy of your original birth certificat should be OK
Latest médical report by your doctor too...is not because your doctor told you are apt ,that the medicin chef will say the same

Hello. What do You mean in the Last part? What is "apt"?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Fit for service (army standards are not the same as civilian ones and even less, foriegn )

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Latest update you have (still its not a gaurentee ).or, as you said, you have no problems since your Hernia discal, and say nothing, wishing for the best
You will be X rayed when you try to join
If you get accepted, i do not think you will be fit for T.A.P. (parachutist. ..but,ok for other légion regiments )

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Latest update you have (still its not a gaurentee ).or, as you said, you have no problems since your Hernia discal, and say nothing, wishing for the best
You will be X rayed when you try to join
If you get accepted, i do not think you will be fit for T.A.P. (parachutist. ..but,ok for other légion regiments )

I want to join to the seals of the ffl, dont know the exact name.. I wish my back wont stop me.. I also wish my 3 times national Champion and 3 years in national swimming team, are going to help me

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Champions are champions, what ever the category (from wich country btw )
No seals in the legion but there is plenty of phoques !
When you go thru the sélection period. ..you will be shown the different units and the specialites they offer. That is when you make your intentions be known

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Champions are champions, what ever the category (from wich country btw )
No seals in the legion but there is plenty of phoques !
When you go thru the sélection period. ..you will be shown the different units and the specialites they offer. That is when you make your intentions be known

I am from greece.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Good
Swimming is important and if you have proof of being a national champion, even better for you (bring with you any sort of proof you have to confirm this. ..diplomes, awards etc

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
Good
Swimming is important and if you have proof of being a national champion, even better for you (bring with you any sort of proof you have to confirm this. ..diplomes, awards etc

Nice thought. There are plenty of videos on YouTube with my wins btw... So if they check my i guess they are going to see it

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Now a days, yeah, it is easy to control prétentions by the net (but even better laying out in front of the recrutement staff with documents

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Death4glory,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with selection. Swimming at National level will be an advantage. Nevertheless you must be modest about it.
I am amused by your name. I would not wish to endure death simply for glory. If you get accepted you may not be so happy if you are at the end of incoming. (Down, crawl, observe and return fire if the target is visible.)
Chas. 99% need not apply. However I did !:)

Last edited:

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Think your chancing your luck with any form of back problems with so many people to chose from why take a risk on you,could sound unfair but true as any surgeon would say their is no 100 cure for back problems
But good luck you will need it!