a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting ready

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Shadowhideyou808,

Carpe Diem and become a 'hard charger'.
I wish you well.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Aaa, I changed my mind. It's too comfy here with mom and dad. ;)

Maybe something discret , about which no many people know meaning. first i have to get in, I will think about tattoo later.

The Dark Side is 'sneaky beaky' work, i.e. undercover in some capacity or other.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Here's Jonny!......

I have been called at, "Hey Lance Corporal" and even the rarer "Hey E3, Lance Corporal". But most times was more like, "Come here Devil Dog" or even "Hey Marine", (these last two are an indicator that you are messed up, and about to be corrected). Not good situations to get caught in.

I could tell you I was a Super Master Gunnery Private Ranger Seal and it would make no difference. The internet is just that.

I am using my phone to type here and unfortunately it was much easier to type E3 than Lance Corporal.

I could also tell you I was the most motivated Marine in all of 1-5, when the reality is I had shit bag moments just like the worst of them.

I am 25 now, going on 26 in a few short months, I got out in the start of 2014, I am straight edge, meaning I no longer drink, smoke, or do drugs, I haven't for a little over 2 years now, and now I wish to take the next step in my life.

I wish to rid my current life for a new one. If I continue living how I currently am, I will always be who I have always been.

My family originally comes from France, and my father was first born in America. All I've heard of from my grandparents was how France was through their eyes. I want to experience this and become fresh with my experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mate, just go ahead and join the Legion. You will love it, believe me!

sombrerox

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I don't have any tattoo :). That never been my kind of things. Me (as most people) significantly changing views on live every 5 years so if I write something permanently on my body there is good chance that in 5y I will not agree with that.

Hopefully my first tattoo will be legion related if I get in.

I planned on tattooing REP insignia on the left part of my upper back, I guess that'll have to wait :D, that would of been my first tattoo as well.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I planned on tattooing REP insignia on the left part of my upper back, I guess that'll have to wait :D, that would of been my first tattoo as well.

Yep. Wings looks cool. But is stupid to put them on yourself if they are not earned.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I have often seen posers with tats they are not entitled to. SAS, SBS, PARA & RM etc etc. I always feel sorry for them. A few years back I was having a wet with a Green from this forum in my local. There was a local guy with a tat spouting off about his time in the Corps and SBS. The 'Green' former REP never mentioned me and got chatting. The bloke started bullshitting, then I was introduced as a former 'Bootneck'. He left and never came back in my 30 years + in this village. In HK I knew an RMP with a SAS tat. He had never served and when challenged said it was easier to arrest a squaddie if they saw the tat on his arm. I need write no more other than to say in my opinion they are an abomination. No doubt some may not agree.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
I have often seen posers with tats they are not entitled to. SAS, SBS, PARA & RM etc etc. I always feel sorry for them. A few years back I was having a wet with a Green from this forum in my local. There was a local guy with a tat spouting off about his time in the Corps and SBS. The 'Green' former REP never mentioned me and got chatting. The bloke started bullshitting, then I was introduced as a former 'Bootneck'. He left and never came back in my 30 years + in this village. In HK I knew an RMP with a SAS tat. He had never served and when challenged said it was easier to arrest a squaddie if they saw the tat on his arm. I need write no more other than to say in my opinion they are an abomination. No doubt some may not agree.

Are walters you mean.