a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From the Legion to the YPG

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
A few ex-legionnaires have joined the Kurds fighting ISIS as has a prominent former member of the board (who tried for the Legion but didn't end up selected). The Australian government should have better things to do than prosecuting guys who go to fight against ISIS. Seriously, it makes them look ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yep they look even more ridiculous when we hear that some countries have rehab centers for ex ISIS fighters in order to cure them and assimilate in society again!

Then again, joining Kurds is not, that much good. They better than ID of course but they also have some issues. Just, they have great PR. ;)

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Well, as an Aussie i'm pretty disgusted by the fact that they are looking to prosecute people that have been fighting against ISIS. if there is doubt as to what they have actually doing then fine look into it, but why the hell would you look to punish a person for fighting against terror?
also, to respond to dusaboss's comment regarding rehab centres for ex ISIS fighters, this i know to be true in Canada, and is even more disgusting that a first world country would literally support ISIS in such a way (though this isn't an action condoned by the Canadian people, but rather by the delusional fool that somehow remains in power there)!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Did the US prosecute Hemmingway for his participation in the Spanish civil war ?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Well, as an Aussie i'm pretty disgusted by the fact that they are looking to prosecute people that have been fighting against ISIS. if there is doubt as to what they have actually doing then fine look into it, but why the hell would you look to punish a person for fighting against terror?
also, to respond to dusaboss's comment regarding rehab centres for ex ISIS fighters, this i know to be true in Canada, and is even more disgusting that a first world country would literally support ISIS in such a way (though this isn't an action condoned by the Canadian people, but rather by the delusional fool that somehow remains in power there)!

Thing is, Kurds don't fight only ISIS.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Write to your MP / Senator and start an online petition https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Petitions

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Thing is, Kurds don't fight only ISIS.
yeh, they also have to fight turkey now!! and what is anyone doing about it? F*CK ALL!! the US is currently making deals with the devil and innocent people suffer along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
haha trust me, they dont listen to a single word the public say to them!! unless that person is a minority they get completely ignored.
In the UK if a petition gets 10k signatures or more it has to be debated, do nothing but moan and nothing will happen.

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
In the UK if a petition gets 10k signatures or more it has to be debated, do nothing but moan and nothing will happen.
see below for one of the petitions brought before our government. literally none of these petitions are given more than a passing glance as they never hold any true weight. sadly they do not have any minimum number of signatures to be brought into the Lower House.

EN0079 - I want the Australian government to waste the money, time and energy of their people in Army that does not bring any good to the country and Is against the law of GOD - Ms Adriana Tellez - 13/2/2017 - 1

the last number (1) is the number of people that have signed the petition. and this is currently before the lower house here for a response. have a look through that link that you sent me, the list of petitions, and you will see why that would sadly get us no-where here.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Did the US prosecute Hemmingway for his participation in the Spanish civil war ?

US citizens are pretty much free to do as they please in many regards. As long as the citizen does not take up arms against the US particularly, they can fight for anyone and everyone as much as they please. Heck, even if you do fight against the US, the law may still give you a pass, after all we took on Lauri Torni/Larry Thorne , and he was former SS.

I actually tried to join the YPG myself at one point, after the attacks on France. This did not work out due to Turkey having closed off the routes foreign fighters were using to get into the country at that time. However, I know I was completely legal in my actions, and that other Americans have done it and come home fine without trouble. They all get met by the FBI on return and interviewed a lot, but not charged with anything. Unfortunately, this just isn't the situation for many other countries.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Did you find that article/blog from Ouest - France, lignes de défense by Philippe Chapleau, Joe ?