a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum members who posted here and passed selection

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You didn't tell us about those books you’ve written Joseph or have I missed that info?
Can you put me in your next book? It's fiction after all. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Yea Dusa, I can put anyone on it. Saying that, I spent a long time gathering all the information when I wrote about a Brit who joined and jumped into Kolwezi. I'd looked up all the facts and all the reports while I worked my last 11 months in the museum in Aubagne. There you have got actual transcripts of the messages sent, the orders given etc. Exchanges between the CdC (Commanding Officer) of 2e REP and the Elysée Palace (French presidency) are all recorded.

Before anyone tells me that all the archives are kept in such and such a place, everything was done on carbon copied paper. You have the ‘original’ sent to Paris, a carbon copy sent to Calvi, another carbon copy sent to Aubagne...

So for one of the books I would take out the file and copy out the reports, messages etc. during lull periods. I also read the book by Pierre Sergent "La Légion saute sur Kolwezi" and exaggerated it from there.

Why exaggerate it? Because when you watch a war film, you expect the good guys to go into a squeamish at least once before the ad comes on.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) Saying that, I spent a long time gathering all the information when I wrote about a Brit who joined and jumped into Kolwezi. (...)
One of the legionnaires KIA during the operation in Kolwezi, Cpl Richard Arnold (1ère Cie, 3e section) aged 23, was a Brit.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusaboss,
I expect to be cremated by the time you actually join! I shall be in good company in the RM commandos memorial garden fertilising the roses. (Eastney). Maybe I should arise from down below and haunt you ? With my record I shall not ascend into the heavens.
Hhaha :) When that unfortunately happen (of course if you go down before me :)). And you be cremated... You can organize to send me a little bit of your ashes. I would mix it with coke or something and sniff it. That way you would be able to haunting me to the rest of my life. :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Be careful with what you wish :). Remember years before you were even a twinkle in your father's eye I was trained by former WW2 Cdos in the controlled application of extreme violence. You would not survive commando ashes. You would wither and die with my revenge.
You still have the ability to amuse me as the resident forum armchair commentator. :)

Theuglyfriend

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I’m a nobody. A threat to no one. I need my comfort animal and safe space. You’re micro aggressions are causing me trauma.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I’m a nobody. A threat to no one. I need my comfort animal and safe space. You’re micro aggressions are causing me trauma.
Theuglyfriend,
Rest assured I prefer my armchair, comfy slippers, a warm fire and a tot or two. I am by nature a short sweet natured person and not easily provoked. Fortunately no one on this forum upsets me. Now for me all so-called 'derring do' is all probably imagination or pure fantasy. I may even be a 'Walt' Who knows ? :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Be careful with what you wish :). Remember years before you were even a twinkle in your father's eye I was trained by former WW2 Cdos in the controlled application of extreme violence. You would not survive commando ashes. You would wither and die with my revenge.
You still have the ability to amuse me as the resident forum armchair commentator. :)

Haha, glad to hear that I'm amusing to you despite language and age gap, because that was my original thought behind that msg. To often on this forum I get misunderstood.

And yes I would take your advice seriously and will not experimenting with eventual ash of you. That would be some strong, potent dust! It's not stuff for F-ing around with it. One could easily overdose on it. :)
Only way I will do that is after my (eventual) first deployment. Anything before that is too risky. ;)

Haha, imagine newspaper headlines :
A young FFL wannabe dies after taking too strong a dose of an old Royal Marine Commandos ash.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
It's have to do with me?

No, no ,no . It's an old (relatively) forum member who went through the gates before rawly some 5 months ago. We expecting news from him.

Krav - Maga is a ongoing joke on this forum started with him and nick name (Krav - Maga) stick with him. If you are interested you can search old msgs about it.

I know that is a Israeli army martial art, but in this case really didn't have anything with you. ;)

So what you think about Krav- Maga? I mean real martial art, not our friend from US.

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
No, no ,no . It's an old (relatively) forum member who went through the gates before rawly some 5 months ago. We expecting news from him.

Krav - Maga is a ongoing joke on this forum started with him and nick name (Krav - Maga) stick with him. If you are interested you can search old msgs about it.

I know that is a Israeli army martial art, but in this case really didn't have anything with you. ;)

So what you think about Krav- Maga? I mean real martial art, not our friend from US.
Lol got you bro (y), in fact i don't much have knowledge about it so i don't have much opinion about, been through couple of lessons of it , i didn't aware it's an israeli method latley found out..and by the way in hebrew it's mean fight combat .

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Is a krav-maga-man also from Massachusetts?

What happened with him. When he did get in? I think we should hear some news from him.
Nah he's from Utah, last I heard from him was end of September he was going to try again after his stint as a hobo. Haven't heard from the nut job since but thats a good sign, with any luck we'll hear from him before the month is out! KMTBB!😎

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
It's have to do with me?
Sorry for the confusion mate! He was a wannabe that made quite the intro, comments like poo buddies and cornholing backwards amongst other creative terms. We had one troll come on the forum that claimed he was some high level krav maga warrior or some horseshit, proceeded to tell us how he wanted to join the legion to have the feeling of killing someone and gaining combat experience????WTF. Our friend auroris56 proceeded to tell him to "Krav Maga those bitches bro", hence KMTBB. He also loved the 😎 emoji. So yeah he made quite the impression. The threads name was "joining the legion for combat experience " or something along those lines.