a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum members who posted here and passed selection

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
You know, with all of the experiences that legionnaires are going through in their service it's also natural that people forget about this day. I assume that the selection process is a kinda trivial experience compared what they been through so when it come to the ‘gestapo’ things are naturally not accurate no one can remember everything that said on the interview.
In my mind we need to learn from others' mistakes. Just a point to think about it.

One more forum member is rejected today.
Can you tell little more about it please?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
and Nemuksis
Nemuksis is my personal friend, See him regular on the weekends, BBQ, etc. Great guy.

Tittos,
I have a personal friend with 9 months left. He is an absolute menace to the Legion. Been to jail more than anyone in the regiment, he is Israeli, too. Absolutely the biggest menace and the Legion simply just puts up with him. ONLY because they have invested in him he has the ability to drive the GBC, P4, VAB, etc. Basically all the juice. So they keep him around because he can drive all those babies, oh and he speaks Russian, English, French, Israeli, and Polish. He is a maniac, but a smart maniac. Currently in jail now, too. He is the only dude who deserted Stage Cpl twice because it's a joke and he wrote a 20 page letter to the Colonel explaining why. 40 days a pop for those two incidents, 20 and 30 for many random other offenses.
Anyway, no one is getting kicked out of the Legion for ANYTHING other than cold blooded murder. Welcome to the zoo kiddies.

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
First time I've ever heard about an Israeli in the Legion. From what you say it seems that he's a Russian immigrant. Does he hang around with eastern block mafia?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I guess he will write himself when he come to the PC.
Quite right, if he wants to let us know, he will come back and share his experiences. As I said the other day though it can't just be all take, you have to give back a little too.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
First time I've ever heard about an Israeli in the Legion. From what you say it seems that he's a Russian immigrant. Does he hang around with eastern block mafia?
Dude, STFU. "Does he hang around the Eastern block?". I already told you he's Israeli.

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Listen, nothing had wrote with bad intentions , so chill out pal.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) And you have totally wrong impression that many members did not get selected. Usually rejected are those who had some condition, medical or other, which will automatically disqualify them. Other rejected are those who are not serious about joining in a first place, or those who asked for civil by themselves. If you take away those groups majority of forum members do get selected (of course, if they try at all ). (...)
That's an opinion that is not supported by facts, as we simply don't keep such statistics on the forum. So, that may be right or that may be wrong.

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
If I'm not wrong something about 1 in 9 candidates selected?

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Dude, STFU. "Does he hang around the Eastern block?". I already told you he's Israeli.
You should STFU. There are many (jewish) Russian immigrants in Israel and you mentioned the guy speaks Russian. So, Tittos' question is perfectly legitimate and makes good sense.

If I'm not wrong something about 1 in 9 candidates selected?
Yes, 1 in 9 or 8 candidates is the overall statistics that we usually hear, but what I meant is that we don't know exactly what is the percentage of members of this forum who (1) did actually later (after being in the forum) try to join the Legion and (2) were accepted.

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
Nemuksis is my personal friend, See him regular on the weekends, BBQ, etc. Great guy..
Must be weekend since if I am correct you are both in different REG's. Was wondering how he was doing cause lately he just posted a few rare pics in tenue libre with a beautiful Husky. Did he renew his contract?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
No Rapace, eat it. I already said he is not an immigrant... How do you effing guys not understand the first time?!
Sarajevo, yes we are in different regs, but we (our group) all are within 10-15 minutes of eachother's homes... Yes, his dog is so cool...and you'll never guess that his dog is named SEAN PEN. LOL, Seriously, it’s funny as hell. We chatted earlier tho, so you know the rest.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
No Rapace, eat it. I already said he is not an immigrant... How do you effing guys not understand the first time?! (...)
Re-read your previous posts, if it’s not beyond your intellectual capacities, and show me where you’ve mentioned that this Israeli guy you’re talking about was not an immigrant, that is a guy who came to Israel as an immigrant and eventually got Israeli citizenship (sorry for those who find the explanation redundant, but I want to be as clear as possible for NG2 DCLXVI who has apparently jelly between his ears instead of grey matter).
No big deal anyway, just another evidence you’ve got a big gob and a narrow forehead...

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
You should STFU. There are many (jewish) Russian immigrants in Israel and you mentioned the guy speaks Russian. So, Tittos' question is perfectly legitimate and makes good sense. (...)

Re-read your previous posts, if it’s not beyond your intellectual capacities, and show me where you’ve mentioned that this Israeli guy you’re talking about was not an immigrant, that is a guy who came to Israel as an immigrant and eventually got Israeli citizenship (sorry for those who find the explanation redundant, but I want to be as clear as possible for NG2 DCLXVI who has apparently jelly between his ears instead of grey matter).
No big deal anyway, just another evidence you’ve got a big gob and a narrow forehead...
+1

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Quite right, if he wants to let us know, he will come back and share his experiences. As I said the other day though it can't just be all take, you have to give back a little too.
Joseph, did you write a book about the Legion?
Just tried to open the link in the sticky thread nothing work or it's not relevant anymore?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yes Rapace, you have my contact info. We canRmeet anytime for the face-to-face. The guy is not an immigrant.
Tittos, would love to meet you...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Tittos,
Actually I wrote 3 fictitious books with a Legion orientation. Someone that I met virtually on the forum created a site for me. He went on to join the NZ army so the upkeep of the site (free) fell through.
I had some feed back from those who had read them, needed editing ! Which I agree with. I started on a fourth book but did not really get into it.

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
(...) Tittos, would love to meet you...
Then what will happen? What you gonna do :eek::eek: ? Are you threatening me right now or am i wrong?!?

Lol you trying to scare someone?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You afraid no one keep in mind it this, don't even think that someone is scared from you, not only this, should not even any value that I'm scared from you.

Anyway until then don't approach me, don't talk to me, keep your distance, take steps away.