a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

for Johannes

Arnaude Renoir

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Johannes did you ever get that feeling when you were in FFL and young + strong and you just wish you could relive those moments again :) ?

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Arnaude Renoir said:
Johannes did you ever get that feeling when you were in FFL and young + strong and you just wish you could relive those moments again :) ?
All old geezers do :D

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Arnaude Renoir said:
Can a Legionnaire recieve the Legion of Honor?
Yes, one of my mates from basic training received it. I met him again in Sidi Bel Abbes after two years and he was on his way home due to disabilities.

Arnaude Renoir

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
do you know what Medaille de la defense nationale avec agrafe means and what is it given for?

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Arnaude Renoir said:
do you know what Medaille de la defense nationale avec agrafe means and what is it given for?
Patrick can probably give you an exact explanation. I would think it is given for having served in the armed forces while in combat, like the Croix du Combattant Volontaire. The agrafe will denote the area it was for. Like Algeria, Bosnia etc.

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Macao
Voltigeur1 said:
Patrick can probably give you an exact explanation. I would think it is given for having served in the armed forces while in combat, like the Croix du Combattant Volontaire. The agrafe will denote the area it was for. Like Algeria, Bosnia etc.
I got it and it's essentially a good conduct medal with the agrafe 'Légion étrangère'. Then, you get the Médaille d'Outre-mer 'agrafe' 'Liban'. Then there is the Médaille du combattant if you were in a combat situation.