a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flying out today

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
The fact that he did not have any flip flops for the shower could be a false piste, everywhere you look for what you need to join, they tell you that you have take flip flops. I'm betting that we won't hear from him for some time and then he'll turn up out of the blue.
The other guy, the Night Jumper, was traced to facebook, playing at being in the 13.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The fact that he did not have any flip flops for the shower could be a false piste, everywhere you look for what you need to join, they tell you that you have take flip flops. I'm betting that we won't hear from him for some time and then he'll turn up out of the blue.
The other guy, the Night Jumper, was traced to facebook, playing at being in the 13.
He will turn up you don’t go to all that hoaxing it’s not reached the dramatic climax that he is building up to, just watch out when he is casting that hook about he has already caught one member 😂
Anyway thought flip flops and sandals were dress code for godly folk even the Talaban are up to speed on their sports trainers, the reason he said flip flops was he new the importance not that he forgot it was bait for the carping pond!

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
This could have been a pre planned trip with his Faith/Church also previous attempts regardless of outcome would have given him bits of knowledge
Still stinks and no change from my position 😂
OK OK OK already... FFS !

You and Joe have successfully passed the "G promo" so I'm delighted to award you both this brevet: :)

Brevet.png

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Agreed Joe. Even in the day back at St Nicolas the first thing they gave you were cheap little slippers (like those free ones in hotels). Not to shower with though - they were just easier to wrap a serpiere around to polish the floor.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
What side left or right on my pyjamas?😂
Mock you may... but the kid's a good'un I tell you !

As Joe said he's bound to turn up again sooner or later. Either as a criminal revisiting the site of his last crime, or disguised as Winnie the Pooh again because he got booted out, or as a debonair 2eme pompe.

Always a chance he'll turn up as the night jumper's mum of course, but we'll deal with that if it hits us.

Anyway - from memory Thursday (or Friday) is the EV intake from Paris, so if he didn't make it at Nogent we should hear from him before the end of this week (always assuming he actually went in - which he did of course).

If he gets to Aubagne, anything between 4 days to 4 weeks is possible before his fate is known, and assuming he goes rouge (as he will) we could hear from him again as soon as next February.

Gotta say - Castel is f@cking horrible in Oct/Nov/Dec despite it being down south. Those lovely raid marches over the snowy hills and dales in January are a joy to behold at -6C!

Anyway - he may turn out to be the section's fat kid (as you pointed out with his Billy Bunter belly) and he'll be used as the Kroney carrier.

Everybody has a use in the world :)

Last edited:

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Mock you may... but the kid's a good'un. I tell you !

As Joe said he's bound to turn up again sooner or later. Either as a criminal revisiting the site of his last crime, or disguised as Winnie the Pooh again because he got booted out, or as a debonair 2eme pompe.
Thought that the hook had just sort of got your jaw! Did not realise you had swallowed it but he has certainly got you on side😂😂😂
As for the flip flops Where can I get some near the Fort, second attempt or is it 3rd attempt, I reckon he has gone on some pilgrimage if he has left the fat arm chair did you notice the hands holding the fag packet the only thing they have been pulling is a cock not a pull up bar I no fit hands when I see them😂😂😂😀

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thought that the hook had just sort of got your jaw! Did not realise you had swallowed it but he has certainly got you on side😂😂😂
As for the flip flops Where can I get some near the Fort, second attempt or is it 3rd attempt, I reckon he has gone on some pilgrimage if he has left the fat arm chair did you notice the hands holding the fag packet the only thing they have been pulling is a cock not a pull up bar I no fit hands when I see them😂😂😂😀

It won't change my life or yours if he's in or out Pap. It would just be nice to know and get closure on it.

Fat Fingered Winnie or not, I did get a good vibe from his naivety (or cunning lies as you would call that).

Let's wait and see...

Anyway - I watched Papillon on Netflix last night as we discussed and I agree - it's defo not as good as the original. Dustin Hoffman was made for that part. It would definitely make you think twice about asking for 3REI if it was still up and running...

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It won't change my life or yours if he's in or out Pap. It would just be nice to know and get closure on it.

Fat Fingered Winnie or not, I did get a good vibe from his naivety (or cunning lies as you would call that).

Let's wait and see...

Anyway - I watched Papillon on Netflix last night as we discussed and I agree - it's defo not as good as the original. Dustin Hoffman was made for that part. It would definitely make you think twice about asking for 3REI if it was still up and running...
We will find out one day, yes it’s been fun and passed some time on reflection I think why did I even bother as warped us all up for a short time in his bible of biblical tales😀
Film not that hot second time round!

Gallowglass

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
View attachment 7187
View attachment 7186
View attachment 7188

I understand that it doesn't look too pro, but it clearly shows that the two IPs are from the states. that is from the F de N photo.
Using the IP address to trace a location for a roaming phone isn't always reliable. If he is using his roaming service it will often display his home IP address. I'm quoting from a Quora message board here, but this seems to be the consensus:

"IP addresses can roam, but they rarely do since the expense and complexity to do so generally exceeds the benefit. In mobile phone networks, a foreign mobile network will typically “tunnel” your traffic to your home network so that will get an IP address on the home network. This is traffic-inefficient, but makes per-kilobyte billing and settlement between the two networks more clean."

However if you are logged onto a local wi-fi service the content IP address will be local, while your user registration IP address will be your home address. The screenshot Voltigeur uploaded seems to indicate content uploaded on a wi-fi network in Nice, France from a phone registered in the USA.

So chances are our friend Galgano is indeed in France, but whether he's swanning around on some sort of religious pilgrimage or peeling spuds in Fort de Nogent only time will tell!

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Akhhh - you're back LPC ! I thought you had decided to spend un sejour in your basement with your girlfriend(s).

Nice touch ... Legion green footwear. Very stylish :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Flip flops were non existent in our day's
Post Schitum : i had the Féria de Nîmes to do with...and flooding and electic cuts and no fkn water... lucky for me i only drink beer

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
So chances are our friend Galgano is indeed in France, but whether he's swanning around on some sort of religious pilgrimage or peeling spuds in Fort de Nogent only time will tell!
That's right Gallow. Roaming IPs will always (99.99%) point to the service providers. In the case of Winnie The Pooh that means Verizon in the US and SFR in France.

The only way to drill down on exact user location is by triangulation or multilateration of beacons as used by the "the authorities".

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Flip flops were non existent in our day's
Post Schitum : i had the Féria de Nîmes to do with...and flooding and electic cuts and no fkn water... lucky for me i only drink beer
Nimes always floods. It's been flooding for years on and off - since the 80's I remember. Why the f@ck don't they do something about it ?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
They have done but it's not enougth..
After the floods in 88, we had water that covered the armouries (weapon store, by company)
We built a New building holding thé C.E.A. and the regimental armoury...
The City, built...anti flood things...and had to enlarge thèm years later because of not enougth capacité...
How ever, this récent flood...was static...we call it a V storm... Alès, Nîmes and Montpellier, axe...
When the flood hit Nîmes in 88, same period...the regiment was at Valdahon, Jura, at the time
3 rd company were called back in haste, to give a helping hand...more to come

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
More importantly - how are the girls holding up in the basement? You got floaters?